Norway Touring?

6 Posts | Latest reply on 02/05/2014 13:09:08 by Viking Tel | Go to original / last post
Viking Tel's Profile
Viking Tel

In: Silverstone and
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi All,Been a while since I posted on here but I want to pick your brains..Has anyone ridden their bike to Norway from the UK?Did you cross to France and Ride to Denmark then Ferry to Norway, or get a Ferry to Denmark, then Norway?Any stories to tell?  I'm at a loose end in August and was contemplating visiting the Ancestral home and visit a distant relative in Bergen.I know it can rain a lot and it is expensive but it's on my Bucket list!Tel.

havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

dont know but white is hard to read on here                                                                                                                                                                             
Viking Tel's Profile
Viking Tel

Woops..

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted on here but I want to pick your brains..

Has anyone ridden their bike to Norway from the UK?

Did you cross to France and Ride to Denmark then Ferry to Norway, or get a Ferry to Denmark, then Norway?

Any stories to tell? 

I'm at a loose end in August and was contemplating visiting the Ancestral home and visit a distant relative in Bergen.

I know it can rain a lot and it is expensive but it's on my Bucket list!

Tel.
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

Nope not done a trip to Norway yet, but I am planning a trip this year starting July in Spain and I hope to end up in Norway towards the middle of August. I have started a thread, and when I have my route fully mapped out I will post a link.                                                                                                                                                                              
Richard T's Profile
Richard T

In: North Lincs

Not by bike, but went in a Triumph TR7 sports car many moons ago. Took the ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger, which was about 20hrs, arrived late afternoon, then drove throught the night over the mountains to Oslo to stay with friends. Spectacular scenery, other than in the VERY long tunnels. Return journey similar. It's a very expensive country, especially for alchohol! Look out for shop signs saying 'Tilbud' = special offer. 
Viking Tel's Profile
Viking Tel

Cheers for the reply gents, Well I'm off work from the 4th-22nd August so If I do go I may bump into other Bikers, Ptnoodles-I will keep an eye on your thread!

Richard, It is a shame that they don't do the Newcastle to Stavanger ferry anymore!

Tel. 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3125 seconds. There are 887 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption