Scottish runs

20 Posts | Latest reply on 15/06/2014 18:17:27 by madscots | Go to original / last post
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

As you guys can see some of us trying to get runs set up over the summerThumbs Up  Happy to sort any trips folk want to do and always up for a pillion on back.

I'd be happy to sort trips to the Highlands if folks are wanting and the numbers are good. 

One I've done for years is the Highland Fling run that starts in Edinburgh

Edinburgh - Perth- Glenshee (food) - Inverness - Fort Agustus (food)- Fort William - Glencoe - tyndrum (food)- Calender - Stirling - Falkirk - Edinburgh

anyone up for a full day out on the best roads in Uk with a bit of everything thrown in around September time ? 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah, sounds a gid un. Up for this                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

Sept 28th

Edinburgh 8:45am EH30 9TB Bikers Cove South Queensferry (Opp RNLI station)

Kinross Services 9:40 KY13 0NQ (for west coast folk to meet us)

Perth- Glenshee Ski centre (cuppa) - Grantown on Spey (Cafe for great food)

Inverness - Fort Agustus (fuel/food)-

Fort William - Glencoe  - Tyndrum (food)

Calender - Stirling (McDonalds so folk can head West/home)

Falkirk  - Linlithgow - Edinburgh

This be a long run so keep this in mind if you come along.  folk from down South or further afield be more than welcome as be happy to sort a Saturday run Thumbs Up

should be in Events next few days Beer

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I'll  "pencil"  this in MS Wink

I'll have to explore my impending "backyard" soon anyway Embarrassed

So this will be as good a chance as any Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hopefully make this Smile

Already pencilled in Thumbs Up

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Awfy long time away but I've put this in my book to save the date!

Liking the number of food stops - there extra one's just for coffee Wink

spender's Profile
spender

In: wakefield

Madscots ....Can I ask ....For someone from down south would Calender be a good place to stay to be on route out n back ? Next question...what do you rekon the mileage would be for the day ?                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

Stay in Edinburgh unless you have a reason to be up in Calender (it's a bit far to the West) then you can do the start & finish with us Thumbs Up if you sort coming up on the Friday I'd take some of you for a run through the borders on Saturday for a short day run.

the run is 400 mile round trip with a stop every 1.5 hours or so so no rush.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

For slightly cheaper accommodation have a look anywhere within 20 miles of South Queensferry - Edinburgh itself can be a bit punchy on prices!                                                                                                                                                                               
madscots's Profile
madscots

Emzed be great to see you again as been a while fella Thumbs Up

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Bear in mind that the Ryder Cup winds up on Sunday 28th at Gleneagles which might add to pressure on accommodation and a premium to prices, even down around Edinburgh.

Looks like route avoids going too close to catch tourist traffic but I think that's also the Glasgow/Lanarkshire September holiday weekend so there'll be Sunday drivers out, especially if it's fine.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

being so happy keep you going  LOL

Event up so get your names down if interestedThumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

MMMM, quite fancy coming up for this bimble, Be good to catch up and do a run I never got round to doing when I was up earlier.. penciled in MS, 
P.S. can we have extra CAKEEEE stops plzzzzz WinkLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Planning a run out on Sunday 17th August Thumbs Up

It's up in Events, so please add yourself to it if interested Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

Steve_H is doing a borders weekend camping fella if you want to combine                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

@MrMike, your run up to Oban and Glencoe sounds lovely - maybe a tad 'northern' for the Borders weekend SteveH is planning!

I doubt I'll make either of them having been up to Ullapool the previous weekend - I'll probably still be slapping on the midge treatment cream! Will see nearer the time.                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

Mike would do the mileage in his stride Izzy Thumbs Up

I was more meaning Mike if you fancied a run down in borders than up North fella Beer

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wasn't aware of that weekend, thanks Thumbs Up

Depending on both weather, and the thoughts of folks wishing to join the run, I'm happy to cook up an alternative Borders route if need be Big smile

madscots's Profile
madscots

I'll be there methinks for this just need to try sort some cover

Runs in Scotland folks are

A northern camp August in borders 16/17th

Scottish run down to Hartside Cafe - Scotland cross border raid LOL

Highland Fling Run - Scotland  All that is best in Scottish roads Thumbs Up

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9219 seconds. There are 509 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption