BIG CHANGE - Unlimited messages for STANDARD members

11 Posts | Latest reply on 17/04/2014 11:35:23 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I just made a big change to the website.... there is now no longer a limit on the amount of replies a standard member can send!

As long as they are talking to a full member then they can reply.  The limit used to be 25 messages.

This means that if you have a full membership on BikerMatch, that ANYBODY can reply to you, for as long as you have a full membership.

At the same time I am disabling the nodding system for standard members to prevent abuse of the system.

I will be monitoring this closely to see what effect it has over the next few weeks.  I'd also like to hear from full members of the site - what do you think about this?

What hasn't changed - standard members can NOT start new messages and they can also not reply to other standard members.                                                                                                                                                                             
Richard T's Profile
Richard T

In: North Lincs
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've not been here long enough to easily recognise the difference between full and standard members, but so long as some worthwhile differential is maintained I'll be happy? Restricting std. Members from nodding or initiating conversations would seem to fit the bill.
FireStorm-X's Profile
FireStorm-X

In: Wigan

Hi   Well I for one like this :) nothing wores then trying to chat to someone that can not reply :(    For me this is most likely the best change to the site since I joined :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Good to hear, but it's actually a change BACK to how it used to be before the imposition of the limit that I was strongly against back in Feb 2012!                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

brill ider  wway hay x                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

yea I think Mark is right.  There was a limit imposed to stop people "freeloading" forever and sending strategic "winks" to full members to get out of supporting the site.

A site for 63,000 members and 30 million hits per month requires substantial infrastructure and support to maintain it, as well as a high investment in advertising to bring in constantly more new members (replacing those who leave).  It's a shame most people can't understand that and they post their email address, phone number, facebook link etc on their profiles, forum posts, photos etc.  Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Cally.'s Profile
Cally.

In: Manchester

I think it's a great idea, nice one Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

it,s worth a try Mat. lets see how it works

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Always good to change things about to confuse JP if nothing else lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

haha Jackie, yea for sure!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

BUMP                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4375 seconds. There are 1241 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption