Favourite Biking Road/Route/Area

18 Posts | Latest reply on 15/02/2014 20:36:49 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Seems like its always the same sort of thing on this forum so I thought I would come up with something new to discuss....

What is your favourite biking road/route/area....

I personally have so many ...my favourite part of the country for biking because of the lovely roads and scenery is North Wales...can't beat it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh  thank-you Bbbb,Hug  there my roads : yes My'n  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Scotland, especially argyll area. Road fort William to skye Or lake district. Any road really if is sunny pmsl                                                                                                                                                                              
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

cant beat the roads in north yorkshire absolutly fab.one of my personal favs is the roads between malton and fridaythorpe ooh and also the road from ours to squires the back way Wink we stay off the main roads as much as poss up here cos the back roads are much quieter and faster to ride woooohoooBig smileThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

From the Midlands, my favourite is the run down to the Cotswolds, up through Balsall Common, down toward Hatton, down to the big M42 island and out to Stow, up through Moreton in the Marsh (Cuppa and a cake TIME)and down do Bourton on the Water for fish and chips.

also like the run to Matlock, up through ashbourne and out that way.

Other than that I generally get lost, but who cares, your out and about .
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Love the old coast roads in Cornwall                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Derbyshire S Yorks borders. nice windey hilly craggy rides ohh and Hampshire hills full or fast sweeping B roads.

Just watch out for the helicopters!                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Ooh yes Stuie. Hampshire roads. Not had the chance to ride em yet, but love em in the car. I like the New Forest roads.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I use’s to play on the A6 from Preston to Levens Ln on to A590 right into A5074 then
Pickup A592 Kirkstone  pass  to A66 Penrith get my nerves back up M6 to Carlisle , Carlisle Party time  they was the days
                                                                                      Beer Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Aren't we lucky to have so many wonderful biking roads/routes!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

All the suggestions so far +1 ....Wales +ScotlandThumbs Up

Love the west country too ....Exmoor spot on 

so I am off to Beaminster Crewkerne Chard ....Route 303 Diner (lunch).....Exmouth and the coast road to Weymouth.

Its going to be little bit gusty and there's going to be floods and crap on the road  but hey I have a Multistrada.....eats that for breakfast.

Well done Rowan ...yes the New Forest is loads of fun, I have a blitz after work occasionaly. Its one of the places where loud pipes really do save lives (frightens the horses away)

see you out there

Andy
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I am quite envious Android...a blast after work occasionally...lovely. Downside to New Forest, the cows don't move as fast as the horses, if they move at all (stubborn ol things) and of course the cattle grids. Mind you on a strada you probably don't notice them :-)

Beautiful on an early misty morning
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

West coast of Scotland north of Fort William all the way to Durness - incredible.
Northumberland is pretty damn good too provided you don't mind the absence of other traffic ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes Steve_H  I use's to do jedburgh to canonbie  when the A7 got                     closed    in a 44 ton'er that was fun                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I like the A697 for heading north, Keilder for silliness and the border back roads for just mooching about and taking in the views.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I like the A697 for heading north, Keilder for silliness and the border back roads for just mooching about and taking in the views.                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

the road to Skye from Fort Augustus, huge wide expanse of nothingness.....the road thru glen coe for th hoon factorCool                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Ah but let us not forget the A861... get off the Corran ferry and turn left :-))))))) FBG
Try street view so see what I mean.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7637 seconds. There are 1077 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption