What is a Paraprosdokian?

10 Posts | Latest reply on 20/02/2014 10:53:57 by Ragnar | Go to original / last post
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected, frequently used in a humorous situation."Where there's a will, I want to be in it," OR “Where there’s a will, there’s relatives,” is a type of paraprosdokian.Ok, so now enjoy!1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.3. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.6. War does not determine who is right - only who is left.7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.8. Evening news is where they begin with 'Good Evening,' and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.9. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.10. A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.11. I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paycheques.12. Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says, 'In case of emergency, notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.'13. I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.14. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.15. Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Rofl @ragnar

2, 4, 5 and 13 seem so true its unreal!

Made me giggle before bed. Thank you!                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

teenybash's Profile
teenybash

In: Thetford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

lol where do you get them?                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way; so I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

I have kleptomania, when it gets bad I take something for it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

@Izzy ... you truly are one Mad Burd!  LMAO!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Look before you leap ... she may have moved

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

ragnar is one funny and clever guy.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I'm not really Ellie, all I know to do is cut and paste. I'm really a div.Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 956 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption