Central Scotland : Sat 4th Jan 2014

24 Posts | Latest reply on 07/01/2014 23:49:25 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Folks, izzy and I have hatched a plan for an impromptu ride out on Sat 4th January - weather permitting!

Provisional plans at the moment are to meet at the McDonalds by J6 of the M9, by Grangemouth at 10am on Sat 4th January, then head up by Dollar, Glendevon, Crieff, Loch Awe, Crianlarich and on to the Green Welly at Tyndrum.

Lunch there, and then head back, possibly by Loch Lomond?

Final details to be confirmed - I'm flexible with any and all details, except the day! Weather locally and on our route will obviously be a major factor ;-)
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Good one Mike,

I plotted the route (sorta) on a route planner and it comes in at about 150 miles but sadly didn't make it easy to judge times at specific points.

If you could give an idea of pit-stop times (arrive/move off again) at St Fillans and the Green Welly then maybe people from further afield could decide on meeting us and riding as much of the route as they want to?

Weather looking not too bad (this being Scotland an' all!) so still on as a LMR for me and there shouldn't be much tourist traffic about so, come on peeps - wrap up warm and click your visor down.

Wrecker's Profile
Wrecker

In: Dundee

Hi Guys, I would be intrested in this, but have an appointment at 0930 Sat morning, could meet up with you if I know rough times for places. St Fillans probably best lol. Wrecker or even Dollar, or Crieff.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'll work out some times and get them up asap :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Here are some approximate timings based on best guess and google maps Wink

Crieff - 11am
St Fillans - 11:15am
Crianlarich - 11:45am
Green Welly, Tyndrum 11:50am

If you want to meet in Crieff there's two places I could suggest :
1. The Esso petrol station on the High Street, roughly opposite the Tower Hotel
2. Strathearn Tyres on Burrell Street.

We can hang at the Green Welly for folks to join us if need be Big smile

We will be passing Strathearn Tyres, and could easily take a wee detour to the Esso station Smile

At St Fillans I like to stop at the layby just outside the town, where the public toilets are - great views, and of course the chance for a wee comfort break!

madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I was up that way this afternoon and your gonna need thermals LOL

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

you available for a re-run tomorrow madscots?

Wrecker's Profile
Wrecker

Cool will try to be at strathearn tyres for 11ish. Means I will have to play on the way woohoo. Might get a chance to say hi to jim.
See yah tomorrow                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Great Big smile

I think I'll be leading the way, on a silver Varadero, and barring disasters I'll have a pillion Smile

Wrecker's Profile
Wrecker

Cool well im on a blue triumph tiger, so bar anything falling off see you tomorrow. Izzy's got my mob number if any problems                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

I might head up for this if up early enough Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Kymjojo's Profile
Kymjojo

In: Lanark

Hope you guys have fun!                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

twas a very good day Thumbs Up

Good to meet some new faces and thanks for the run Big smile

Wrecker's Profile
Wrecker

Hi Guys thanks for a Braw day out. The wee shower just stopped us overheating. Im home safe. Hope all of you are too                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thank you all for a great day Beer

It was great to meet you all - I apologise in advance if I forget your real name next time we meet - I'm just SO bad at remembering names!!

Short run home for me from where we split up, raced some souped up BMW up the hill to my village and left him for dust Cool

Multiple jobs to do on my return home which made me just want to leap on the bike again!!!!

Delighted to say you're all a mad and funny bunch Party Beer

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I only took a few pics, when we stopped at St Fillans by Loch Earn - I've uploaded them to a new album in my profile - is there any way of then attaching or posting them in the thread?? Can't see one....                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Had a great day out thanks everyone,looking forward to that curry night lol (a hot one)                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Don't think they can be Mike but you could ask for the ride to be added as an event retrospectively - then we can all upload and view photos there?

Good to see you check-in safe Bob.
Is there any other kind of curry worth having?                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

I posted trip idea for April guys you wanting to come ?                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Deffo - but will have to check calendar, might already be booked up.

Keep it for new thread, let you know on there.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8555 seconds. There are 1088 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption