High temp exhaust paint - recommendations

10 Posts | Latest reply on 28/12/2013 12:49:30 by agnostini04 | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Looking for some high temp exhaust paint, matt black if poss. Everything I've used in the past (going back a few years) never lasts despite careful prep. Any recommendations, is PJ-1 as good as they make it out to be?

TIA,

RD
BigRay's Profile
BigRay

In: Otley

HI RD
When i had A HONDA PAN 1100 THE The collector box would rust up so I used some black barbecue paint I whis ok for that

Ray                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Have you tried 'blackboard' paint? I remember reading an article years ago that said it was ok.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Barbecue paint sounds like a good alternative, probably find it at a local hardware store, not so sure about the blackboard paint but I guess it's probably cheap enough to buy just to try.

Thanks for the suggestions.

RD

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Barby paint is a good option Thumbs Up   But get the zorst hot 1st Approve   If it's off the bike, stick a blowlamp down it Wink                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for the tip Emzed

RD

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

You're welcome RD Thumbs Up   Let us know how you get on Approve   BTW, I have used PJ 1 "Satin Black" Wink    On an engine and some handlebar switches for a Yam SR 250 Smile (pics on me profile)   I was pleased with the results Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Might be worth the £15 price on Fleabay thenWink I'll look at BBQ paint prices first and see how I'm fixed, thanks again.

RD

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I always use B&Q Stove/BBQ paint.

Make sure you wait for eat layer to cure before adding another.

Halfords black heat paint dries grey!                                                                                                                                                                             
agnostini04's Profile
agnostini04

In: Barnsley

Have used PJ 1 aerosol paint on a majesty scoot exhaust and ducati crankcase.....worth every penny...doesnt discolour, peel or move at all.......not sure of getting your can hot and applying bbq paint though.....surely the bristles on your brush would melt...or if aerosol, be very dangerous?

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 778 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption