Deauville fuel pump contact set trouble?

5 Posts | Latest reply on 13/04/2014 17:22:20 by TitusAgrippa | Go to original / last post
TitusAgrippa's Profile
TitusAgrippa

In: Tewkesbury
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Has anyone else experienced trouble with non delivery of fuel to the carbs, due to burnt-out contacts in the electric ( solenoid-type) fuel pump on a Honda Deauville ( or any other model) ? The dealer-suggested fix is a new fuel pump, (££££££ 200) ! but it should be possible just to change the contact set, since there is nothing else wrong with the Mitubishi pump. I was in the RAC, prior to having this problem, and called them out, only to get a 2 hour wait, to be told that " we don`t fix bikes by the side of the road, have to get it recovered". Since I didn`t have recovery cover on my membership, he bid me good evening, and f***** off, leaving me there in the middle of the night! That`s service for you, right?   Titusagrippa, aka Bill                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Take the pump off and fix it mate Wink   If you cant do a local auto electrician will do it for a LOT less than £200 Shocked   Maybe a tenner Ermm   But no more than £20 Thumbs Up   Oh ......... &  f**k the RAC off & join the AA Approve   I got membership with me Carol Nash insurance Smile   I had a "roadside" repair on a 30 year old SR 250 Yam Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

A friend of mine called the RAC out after exiting a roundabout backwards in her BMW (diesel spill not driver error)-they wouldn't recover her the 2 miles back home and left her by herself at 6am-supposedly don't recover 'accident damaged'-car wouldn't drive due to bent rear suspension-Emzed's right,go with the AA!
Bet the pump components are the same as some jap tin box,the Peugeot 107s we work on have Japanese electrics.Get part number off pump and go ebay hunting.
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

same thing happened to my deauville so I got a second hand one off ebay and its done 3000mls since. As a get you home repair if you bypass the pump by connecting the carb pipe to the filter the  deaville 650 will run as long as the tank is more than half full.
TitusAgrippa's Profile
TitusAgrippa

In: Tewkesbury

Cool! thank you all for your comments! Since my incident with the fuel pump, I have found a couple of suppliers of replacement contact sets. (£20) Apparently this pump is made by Mitsubishi, and is used in a whole load of Jap bikes, not just Honda. Cheers! (Oh and I AM with the AA now!)!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 976 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption