put my mobile in washing machine

28 Posts | Latest reply on 19/12/2013 13:08:06 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Ok, ok, I know how stupid it is, but have just realised my mobile was in myjacket pocket when I shoved it in the washing machine. It was on fast rinse when I realised..... (lots of swearing). I am hoping I havent lost all the numbers, and phone currently in a bag of rice. Anyone texting me.....sorry
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

If you have you numbers on the sim you will be ok if not think you lost them now

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Hi JP, got most on it but hadnt saved all of em over...., nor had I downloaded my photos. Sim's ok though.

Not the end of world just irritated at myself.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

oh dear get the hair dryer on it hun hope its ok.

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Oh no RB.. I'd be gutted tooUnhappy  I once dropped mine in a sink of water.. I took it all apart, got hair dryer on it, left it on a radiator over night, but it didn't work again Cry

I've heard since, that the rice is supposed to work well.. as long as it's not egg friend rice!   WackoBig smile

Have you got an online account for your phone?  You may be able to find your numbers there, if not like jp says, you've probably lost them all.                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I've heard of so many people recently dropped phones down the pan or otherwise got them wet that I think I really must now synchronise mine to a computer and start regularly backing things up.

Sorry you had to have it happen to remind me. Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Karey, where do you get your Chinese take away from? Egg friend rice???? I wouldn't eat there again if I were you! Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hahaha Kev... well spotted .. and here's me thinking my canabalistic tendencies were going unnoticed WinkLOL

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Could've been worse Kaz   Ermm   It might have been Egg   Fiend   rice     Evil Smile                                                                   LOL   Sorry RB  Embarrassed   My commiserations for your sad  loss   Hug                                                                                                                                                                                     
Karey's Profile
Karey

Ahhhhh Emz... that's the dessert Evil SmileLOL

Soz RB don't mean to hijack your thread... hope you get it sortedThumbs UpSmile

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

@RB, oh matey...not the way forward.. soggy phones are not good, although its slightly better than my line manager who managed to drop her phone down the toilet...

She dried it out on radiator it took days but miraculously.. it came back to life ...although this was in the days of the Nokia half house bricks!!

((Hugs coming your way))
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Its buried in a bag of rice (neither friend no fiend lmao) next to radiator. Here' hoping......been told that someone who knows wot they are doing (obviosly not me) can get info off the memory, so once dry, will ask my 9 year old nephew                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

My daughter had dropped her Iphone into a puddle couple of weeks ago, put it in rice for a minimum of 3 days in a sealed container but it wouldn't charge. Took it to the shop and luckily it was just the charging unit that was broke. I have heard that instead of rice those sachets you find in new shoes or packaging to keep items dry work better than rice, have not tried it though
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Manically tittering!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

It's called "silica gel"* Lynn and it's specifically placed within packaging to absorb any moisture that may arise due to condensation Wink   Stuff that is shipped by airfrieght is often subjected to "sub-zero" temperatures, which WILL give rise to condensation as they come back to local ambient conditions Geek   I always save them and have a nice stash now for "emergencies" Approve   I keep a few in my toolbox too Thumbs Up   * I'm sure it's available from good hardware stockists, maybe even out there on tinterweb Ermm                                                                                                                                                                               
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Or,  just an excuse to buy new shoes ??? Big smile

teenybash's Profile
teenybash

In: Thetford

phone dropped off a shelf into a tub of baked beans once, not as bad s fishing out a toilet I suspect                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

table salt is very good for soaking up the damp......

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

oooh I'm with Izzy....new shoes...maybe even a new handbag....mmmmm                                                                                                                                                                              
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Well the combination of rice and radiator worked. And everything is still there WOOP WOOP.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 1610 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption