just my personal take on the nod

38 Posts | Latest reply on 05/12/2013 07:08:19 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I think the nod is great, if you send one you are on a win win situation. if you get a nod back then the person you sent your nod to is probably worth talking to and if you dont get one back tis doubtful they are,or ever will be. So saves you wasting your time on them and wondering. lol.
Nowgotabike's Profile
Nowgotabike

In: Crick

I see the nod as a way of saying "hi I think we may live music n the same area and would be great to get together for a ride out sometime" or "I think we met at the rally or ride out or gig and this is me saying hi again". Nods shouldn't always mean you're looking for a date..... imho!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

you think because someone sends you a nod they are lookiong for a date??? oh dear.......................................                                                                                                                                                                              
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

nods are like nods on the road....eg, "hi", "crappy weather but we are still out here", "lovely weather, great for a ride out" and "bloody eejits on the road today"  and "ooh great another nutter out and about".      Just like on the road, some nod back and others don't, hey ho, that's life.     I nod to say hello.  I nod to say welcome.     A nod is a nod is all.   If you want a date send a PMLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Broken Heart and there was me thinking that a 'nod' meant 'we are now engaged' Cry   Ok then, just a thought, for all of us that believe that a 'nod' is simply a way of saying 'hello', how many of you send nods to members of the same sex??? Ermm   I do and always will Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Yup indeed I do....mind you just as I will nod to anyone, i will talk to anyone....which can get me in all sorts of trouble!!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Nah Rowan......talking is the new nodding Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

I treat the nod as a "hello I am here" and as an acknowledgement of another biker and member. It can be either man or woman.

By the the way my 1st nod was from you Trish Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Yep David I remember and am so pleased that it was, and the rest is history as they say :)   BTW, it was fab to see you the other weekend :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes indeed to both sexes omg does that mean. I'm gay or bisexual and want a date? ??? Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Maybe we can invent an alternative, well, a secondary nod - called a wink? Wink

A nod is for bikers, a wink for daters?

and let's not be saying that a nod is as good as a wink - it's miles better!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lol @ izzy                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'd rather not become known for being a complete and utter winker!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Oh dear oldbiker...If sending a nod to a fellow member is making you question your own sexuality or intentions, perhaps you should stop as it doesn't sound like its adding much value to your membership of BM :(                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

The 'wink' facility has been suggested before and Matt is not a fan.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

The nod is supposed to be for just saying Hi                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

We used to have winks but they became nods.

I'm not doubting my sexuality (I'm engaged to a woman) but the last couple of nods I received were from gay men. Should I be concerned that I may be perceived as a gay icon?                                                                                                                                                                             
DukeZ's Profile
DukeZ

In: Wigan
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Theres 2 different nods being discussed here I think?

Nod1-out on the bike, nod at another 2 wheeler means, hail fellow biker!  thats all it is! sometimes you get one back....sometimes not....
hey-ho.

Nod2-on the BM site its like a protocol imho.  you check someones profile....like what you see (and read)....maybe have a laff in the chatroom...then you might send them a NOD (which means i fancy you)!!!!  IF you get a response, like a NOD returned....you might then send a PM asking for a meetup; after all...... this is a DATING site for bikers!  And see where it goes from there.  If the NOD button is not for this function, then i cant see the point of it tbh.

my tuppenceworth.

freewheeler1973's Profile
freewheeler1973

In: Leicester

as I have stated on my profile, it seems to SOME women that when you nod they automatically presume you want to dive straight into their knickers..

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Sorry DukeZ, beg to differ.

Only one kind of nod.

Here - just as on the road - it's a "hail fellow biker" nod, no more.

Lot of people here not using it as a dating site at all. That's why the profiles say looking for friends and the relationship status' say married, engaged, in a relationship etc etc                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 336 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption