Northern lights

42 Posts | Latest reply on 10/01/2014 16:10:28 by cyclemania | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

clearly jp is a man of good taste lol                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Aye up, OBiwan, you still thinking of a ride to the far north shores around New Year?

If you're hoping for Aurora this looks to be a good website with clear, easy to find info on current activity forecast and links to other sites:
http://www.softservenews.com/Aurora.htm
Unfortunately it doesn't double as a weather forecasting site!
Everything looking very quiet just now - which is just as well with the weather as it is.

Offer of tea and a fry up is open permanently mate, Aurora watching or just touring around the country catching up wi' folk. Once I've extended a hand in friendship it takes an absolute shedload to force me to pull it back. Handshake                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sadly not looking to great for a New Year Northern Lights at the moment ;-/                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

No, but then that's not the only reason to come north. Big smile

Want to think about March? Either suggest a date or just keep an eye on solar activity and just 'go for it'?
I'll put a reminder in my Outlook calendar to check twice a week, see if things get lively.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was lucky to see them many years ago...was fantastic..but it was from an airplane on a transatlantic flight from America to Manchester..it was in the early hours and most folk was asleep..the captain said it was very rare to see them...think it was late autumn time too...but I would like to see them from the ground if possible sometime...on my to do list

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Not looking very likely at the moment ;-/                                                                                                                                                                              
cyclemania's Profile
cyclemania

In: Manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Just been told by my son the Northern lights could possibly be seen tonight in England (assuming the sky clearsLOL) solar conditions are at there best at the mo, early hours of the morning midnight to 3ish for all you night owls!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

There was an article in the Derbyshire Times today saying that we might see them over Derbyshire if we are lucky!!

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Skies clear here in yorkshire, am thinking of taking a wander out into the countryside later to stand a better chance against the light pollution. Saw a bit of them a couple of years ago, i think it was but would like to have a really good view of em, its worth getting away from city/town lights, i wont have to travel far a little over 5 miles i think.

Good luck anyone else intending to watch the skies!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I hope you see them GBNP Big smile

cyclemania's Profile
cyclemania

In: Manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Skies are clearing up here too! keep you fingers crossedSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Already crossed, toes too!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

It's at times like this I'm glad I live here    Thumbs Up   Almost   feel guilty Embarrassed   But I'll be up all night if anyone fancies a ride over Approve   Hot choccy & cake Wink                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Would love to but its a bit too far for me Em and I cant leave the girls alone at such short notice...hope you have some visitors...hot choc and cake sounds SO inviting!! HUGE Hug x

zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

as im only 8mls from you emzed i will hopefully see the lights too Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Gutted                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Gutted, OBiwan?

Cloudy over your place or you away on holiday or what?
Clear skies here but light pollution in town will scupper my chances and I'll not be venturing out in the car as still have to pack a few things for the weekend.
Will try to find earlier alerts of solar activity for improved chances next time.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yea to far south im thinking and soooooooooooooo much light pollution here                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Sorry about that. A bit more notice next time (and good weather to boot) and you're welcome up here - I know a few dark-sky locations to sit back with a thermos of hot chocolate and while away a night.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Got wrapped up toastie warm, headed out , clear night skies, stars fab .. saw nowt, zip, nada for about 2 hours ... then ....

I must have fallen asleep! Flippin heck, all i saw was the insides of my eyelids... Bums!!!

Came home at silly oclock, got into bed n it was time to get up!

Hope someone saw something even if it was only a flicker.

Next time i need company to keep me awake!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9688 seconds. There are 833 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption