up grading bike bulbs/lights?

14 Posts | Latest reply on 12/08/2013 19:14:05 by oldyeti | Go to original / last post
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Hi All,

ive been looking at upgrading my multistarda to either
halogen kit/bulbs
(though a bit too expensive from a short look around)
or higher rated/after market bulbs, without affecting voltage/wattage rating of wiring,

I`ve fitted 2running led lights, and the difference in brightness of these over the OE lights has lead me to trying to improve the standard ones!

any views on bulb choice?
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

My Blackbird has an HID headlight conversion,they aren't cheap but I can definately recommend one,like riding in daylight even on unlit roads.                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

yes I like the hid, but I would need 4x the units, and am struggling to find space for the units, and alow space to cool them anywhere near the front of bike,
plus the cost as you say!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

You could try these Yeti Ermm   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251126309638?ssPageName=STRK:...1438.l2649   I've got some and I'm very pleased with them Thumbs Up   The twin lamps on the little CBR were by no means poor Approve   But I have definitely noticed an improvement Smile   The price isn't exhorbitant either for a pair   I had to buy some adaptors to fit the Honda lamps which added to the cost Disapprove  ( thanks Mr Honda Thumbs Down )   But if your bike will take std H4 bulbs you would notice the difference Wink                                                                                                                                                                                 
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

i'm with emzed on this, i use them on the div and they are awesome. HID's are illegal on a motorcycle unless you have a self leveling unit fitted.
 the horizon on the beam will go up on the outside edge as you corner, blinding oncoming traffic, i know it does on a normal headlight but they ain't as bright.
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

thanks Emzed,

I`m having a moch around in the morning at the choice of aftermarket bulbs available down in my local boy racer supply shop/Halfords,

see whats what!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I think you'll find that "Halfrauds" are considerably more expensive for the "Night Breakers" Disapprove   Best of luck anyway mate Thumbs Up   I'm sure if you try a pair, you'll "SEE" the difference Wink                                                                                                                                                                               
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

I have a HID kit on mine and think its great ..cost me £39 with ballast and lot ... Always passes MOT no bother . Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

Mine has had the HID kit for 4 years prior to me buying it, always passed mot with no probs according to its history file                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

Mot is done with the bike vertical. Was just giving info on the legal side of fitting them.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

Cars with HID lights have to be fitted with headlight washers (a friends BMW failed its mot because it has Bi-Xenons and the headlight washers didn't work!),trying to work out where I'll put the washer bottle on the bike....                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

ongoing story,
`ive H7`s on the multistrada,
and to fit hid kit, requires 4x separate "kits" and am struggling to find a suitable place for the associated gummings without danger of overheating,

looking increasingly like aftermarket bulbs, with uprated wattage,

sprint, im thinking the British weather acts enough like headlight washers for me, so I don't worry about fitting my own!
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

oh, and sorry, ZJ, the multi does have levelling capability on the lights, nut not "automatic"
but TBH , that wouldn't worry me too much, very unlikely to be pulled in the real world for that.                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

stupid computer! XJ !!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 914 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption