Have you seen the New Indians?

20 Posts | Latest reply on 21/08/2013 10:37:52 by fxr swas | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-uk/home

Tell me what you think........I love em                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

i dident see any arrows  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
37% Karma37% Karma 37% Karma37% Karma

get the wagons in a circle!!!!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

pretty.....pretty expensive..Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Read the comments, people reckon they are very Victoryesque
They admire polaris for taking on Harley but some say that
They won't be in production long. They have plans to increase
Thier stable and produce more affordable bikes such as sportsters
Lets wait and see
justjerry's Profile
justjerry

In: The Lizard
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

haha....  I like the "advanced technology" on the Chieftan ----  yep, now comes with locks n the saddlebags LOL
Harley must be quaking...  if only they'd thought of that!!  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Typical Yanks Disapprove   Trying to drum up some "brand loyalty"  for a forgotten marque Wacko   I think it's a travesty Cry   To drag such a revered name as Indian Ermm   Into a 21st century marketing war Angry                                                                                                                                                                                 
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

real indians and their owners won't give a damn,emzed...they know Indian were making a far superior product for much of their (patchy) lifetime..without the bribery and  army contracts scandals of ww2,harley would be making shoelaces by now...Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

Brands, marketing, that's the price we pay for living in a system that rely on company's jockeying to make you part with your cash. BMW did it or rather are doing it with the MINI but on the question of bringing the Indian back to life well if Polaris get it right it can only be a good thing, it might even make Harley's cheaper. I actually like the retro look just can't afford the £20,000 price tag but I can dream......
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If looks were anything to go by then i would have to say the Indian is very close to the top of the tree, it does have a touch of the retro look to it.
Why do people slate a company for trying to re kindle a bike that is a renowned classic, 20K is a lot of money, I agree but what would an original cost? And how much oil would be on your garage floor?
In my opinion, if the build quality is good, and it handles well then I reckon they might be on to a winner. Don't forget that Harley make bikes in excess of £20k and they sell a lot of them                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

2.3 billion dollar bail out from the U.S goverment ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Have I seen the new Indians? No but the cowboys have been round trying to sell me a conservatory!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

so...in conclusion...not many of you are hopeful? General consensus is overpriced, not a serious competitor to HD, probably won't be around long, nothing too different to whats out there at the moment.

Great looking Machines though...wouldn't you agree?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

BTW.....do you know if they will be sold through existing Victory dealerships or will Indian be a seperate Franchise?                                                                                                                                                                             
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

From what I've read they will be sold through the Victory dealerships, and if Polaris are true to form they will do very well no matter what we may think. There's a market out there and Polaris will exploit it and give HD a run for their money. I want to hear from people that have rode them or and purchased then we will get a true picture. Lets restart this thread in 12 months time
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

I absolutely love them - will check them out when I find out where the nearest dealership will be Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

New Indians coming to Robinsons Foundry Canterbury end of Sept/beginning Oct                                                                                                                                                                             
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Think Harley will take them as very serious,Outragous pricing but it goes hand in hand with H-D,as long as the engines aint made of bits from china and korea like H-D's are and they'll do well and get a good name just like Victory,the only thing H-D had was the styling was origional with heritage and not inspired/copied or trying hard to take on the japneeeeez,Victory as Triumph were/are in some cases.The Indians look like an Indian from the 50's the yanks will love them,the europeans will love them and customise them.Personally?.....i think a a rich guys toy here.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for your Input fxr...the Indians are not priced too far ahead of HD...it is 18K for a Streetglide and 18k base Indian...I know what I would rather have.                                                                                                                                                                             
fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

18k puts me and lots of others out the running,its too much for a mainstream production bike,need a feckin mortgage these days and then its a fortune to do anything to them at a stealership, my mate will testify,nearly knakered twincam engine cos of cheap parts used in the factory (cam chain shoes)and then the 'dealer 'using the wrong bits to fix the problem,that you buy as a kit from S&S ! just aswell im happy with my FXR. I just think its getting ridiculous the money involved.There thats my Victor Meldrew moment done.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2969 seconds. There are 1008 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption