2nd annual Scots Borders camping wknd.

106 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2013 20:53:12 by BigRay | Go to original / last post
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Gotta love having a Plan 'B'. Thumbs Up

I like your thinking Dusty, at least then I'll not be the one sent for all the supplies! Beer

Hope the weather's good tho' - I'm looking forward to seeing where you suggest riding to, even if I'm just enjoying the scenery from the back seat.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Well I'm sitting back enjoying the afternoon sunshine here at Motherwell and the forecast for (Yarrow) St. Mary's next wknd is still 20c , sunny and dry . So , any one arriving on Friday , bring a couple of sausage , or what you fancy and we'll have an 'open fire' barbie. Should be a bit of drunken fun .
At approx 21:00 the cabaret will be provided by 'wantedpillyseat' and 'big ray' trying to put their tents up in the dark' . Anyhoo , see ya later.
Dusty xxx
p.s. Ride out ? I always fancied a blast up to visit Roslyn chapel but I'm easy , as long as it involves a cafe . X
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Following on from Dusty's suggestion, it could be, 

''The Rievers meet their Gods'' 
starting off with a scenic run through the Castle''O'er'' forest to Samye Lings Tibetan Buddhist Monastory deep in the Borders, then onto ''Hunt the Holy Grail'' at Rosslyn Chapel, after which a scoot down to Lindisfarne and Holy Isle for prayers, coffee and donuts !!
Sunday could be 'Homage to the Loch', guys bring your speedo's, girls your bikinis,( Steve H and myself will of course be in our underwear!) for a mass baptism/swimathon !!

Here endeth the itinerary !!
Richard (lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

On the sunday it's the Steve Hislop Memorial Run through the Borders. The 'meet' is at Denholm Green , nor east of Hawick 09:30 .
This is a 130mile trundle thru the Borders, Northumbria and Cumbria. There's usually a couple of hundred bikes caterpillaring along at speeds as high as 30mph, ya know the sort of thing, chaos.
If we have two groups on sunday , I'm sure we will all meet up back at Tibbie's for a pint and dinner .
Dusty .
Hey Richard , doesn't Holy Island hav a causeway ?
BigRay's Profile
BigRay

In: Otley

Last chance on Saturday I will make a curry for Saturday night How many would like some                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Dizzydot says 1 small portion please ray.                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

@ BigRay - me, and I'll bring rice and a pan to heat up curry in.

@ JP - don't think BigRay does small portions, but his curry is pretty good and you'd be coming back for seconds if he did!                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

hope to make this if i get stuff sorted in time                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey Dusty! 
yeah there's a causeway at Holy Isle its open this weekend between 09.30 and 15.35 pm ! not sure if it sells donuts though, might need to be organic baking !
See ya fri lunchtime.

Curry for me please Ray!!

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Don't go saying "ye of little faith" at me but, seriously, d'ya think we're going to see 9.30 am??? 
More elusive than the Holy Grail, methinks.                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

9.30 pm more likely                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I'm back, put my hand in me pocket (well paypal actually) and paid up.
Is there gonna be a planned ride out on Saturday? Or just unplanned chaos?
I'm not too sure about the Memorial Run though, pootling at 30 seems a bit of a waste.
Let me know so if I end up all tired and emotional on Friday night and set off later Saturday at least I'll know where to find you. i.e. exactly not where you'll say you'll be.

Anyone booked some sunshine for us?
havfun's Profile
havfun

things is starting to go wrong
so this might be last minite thing

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Hi Steve, welcome back.
Dusty and Richard seem to have suggestions for rides but I don't suppose anything will be firmed up until we've stirred our stumps on Saturday morning. When I know where we're heading for I'll drop you a text.
You and the missus want curry on Saturday or booked food at the Inn? - Ray has offered to do a curry and just needs to know numbers.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Hi ray , curry for me please .
I've got the Hizzy route for those that want to join or avoid it (me).
As for rideouts , if there is a place ya wanna visit or a road ya wanna ride . SPEAK UP , we'll stick some pins in the map and make a circuit. Soon soon soon Dusty x
BigRay's Profile
BigRay

In: Otley

????????????NO MOTORWAY PLESE??????????????                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sunshine, Steve ?! how are you spelling that?!!! where do you think this is Fort Augustus!! naw afraid you've had your summer, its all wind and rain from here in, i did try and have a word with 'The Big Man' for ya, apparently he was too busy for such a wee country, seemingly the weather is concentrated in the south of England, he's organised 27 degrees for the weekend down there!!
Fri, Sun, Mon, looking ok, sat stay in bed, Steve Hislop Run, stay in bed, oops sori who said that! lol
Richard                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Saturday is looking much better in Dumfries & Galloway and in Ayrshire than Lothian and the Borders, when Sunday is looking flippin' glorious (pack-your-shades weather). Cool
Maybe Ray can help us find the best chippy in Ardrossan on Saturday and we'll utilise our day of rest for our Holy reivering???
Of course all this can change overnight. Unhappy

Are you all packed yet?                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

We are coming up Saturday so we might go via Lindisfarne and catch up with you there if that's on the run.

I'm not heading to Ardrossan though, I only go there to get the ferry to Arran! And it's a hell of a detour from Durham.

Looking forward to catching up with you all again.
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Packed ? Packed ??? I'll Finnish work about 01.30 Friday morning. Home , a quick kip , up at 08:00 . Wash the bike . Then run around like a headless chicken for a couple of hours. Leave the house about 11:00 . Moffat for a late breakfast , num nums .

Hi Steve , I'll keep you posted , BUT , meet at lindisfarne, you lazy lazy lay in bed on a saturday morning man . Disgraceful behavior , pmsl .
See ya soon
Dusty x

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0156 seconds. There are 631 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption