What DO you wear under your leathers in this heat ?!!

62 Posts | Latest reply on 15/09/2013 16:11:57 by Plumbski | Go to original / last post
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

well there is an image LOL 
Aldi's compression breathable cycling shorts...not attractive, but cool enough.                                                                                                                                                                               
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

am finding this is no longer a problem?

good old British weather ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Was out this morning early and cooold ! Pinch

Time to consider this subject again ! I wore my running gear underneath - silky but breathable and 'thin' - so I dont have to worry too much about that extra layer of material - making it so that I cant breathe so good ! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

In: Sandy Cove

You are right Jood, its getting chilly now, running or cycling clothing is good, but I also wear some Oxford chill out thermals which are really good, very thin, and I always wear a good buffThumbs Up And if its really chilly thin waterproofs over the topBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

can't beat M&S thermals when it gets colder....and its cheaper than Oxford stuff.     Looking good Mr P....loving the new photos....                                                                                                                                                                             
Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

Cheers Jo, trying to keep up with Posh in the photo stakesThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I like a man that tries ! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

What about your hands, I have a nightmare with gloves, to thin, to thick, to hot, to cold, I think the only time my hands are comfy is when its about 21 degrees c and dry. Must have 10 pairs of different gloves.                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Wear thermal goves under my normal ones, but still suffer, am thinking about lithium battery heated gloves                                                                                                                                                                              
Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

Now your talking Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Try this Wink     http://www.heated-motorcycle-clothing.co.uk/index.html                                                                                                                                                                             
Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

Cheers Z, how good are they, hopefully won't need any for a while yetThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I've had no personal experience with this equipment Ermm   But the reviews look good Thumbs Up   The gear is a little on the expensive side Disapprove   But then again, quality comes at a price Wink   Lets hope we have a "balmy" autumn Approve   Have you tried heated grips Plumbski Question   Or hand guards Question   Of course there's the "old school" practise of mittens Big smile   Which can take some getting used to if you normally only use two or three fingers on the brake Disapprove   But it works on the principle that each digit keeps its nieghhbour warm Geek   I once managed to acquire a pair of "partial" mittens Wacko   Three fingers in a mitt, leaving thumb and forefinger free Thumbs Up   They were brilliant but they were in the topbox when some scrote nicked my moped in Scarborough Angry   I've never seen another pair since (not looked TBH Embarrassed)   But they may still be available Ermm                                                                                                                                                                               
Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

Yes I have had heated grips in the past, and there great, also had wrap overs which take some getting used to, never tried  heated gloves, and I wouldn't like to take a tumble with them on, you just can't beat leatherBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

I was going to have heated grips but it knocks the number of modifications up and I've been told would increase my insurance premium. These look a really good alternative.

The inner gloves look great and they do small sizes as well .....maybe next month .....not cheap but if they work, well worth it. I like the fact they heat the thumb as well as a lot dont.

Thanks MZ
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was pilly on a bike last winter and after about five mins of being on the back seat - I felt this 'warm' feeling on my derriere -  bit like when you 've wet yourself (if ya can remember what thats like !)   I took several mins before I realised that I hadn't wet myself - I was sitting on a heated seat !! It was YUMMY !! Smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Black kev jeans cut down thin t shirt kev jacket in summer with plenty of nivea cool kick spray does it for me ,,,,,, leathers in winter                                                                                                                                                                              
Plumbski's Profile
Plumbski

Heated seat now that sounds to good, on my Blade the seat heats from the underseat exhaust, to warm in summer sometimes, on the TL the exhaust just burns your ankles, cant win reallyBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

got heated grips & seats on the Trumpet, now we both have heated vests.......roll on winter! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

got heated grips & seats on the Trumpet, now we both have heated vests.......roll on winter! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.1875 seconds. There are 631 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption