Ride of Honour, to Catterick Garrison - 22nd Sept '13

18 Posts | Latest reply on 26/09/2013 08:45:11 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Ride of Honour   22nd September 2013   A ride to remember those who have fallen, and honour those who are servingStarting at Squires Cafe, at *8.30am,Newthorpe LaneNewthorpeSouth MilfordLeedsW.YorksLS25 5LXand riding toPhoenix House, Recovery Centre, Catterick Garrison,  see calendar for full address, at 11am   PLEASE NOTE THIS YEAR THERE IS A LEARNER LEGAL RIDE OUT DEPARTING SQUIRES AT 10AM   Cost: £15 per bike which includes one RoH commemoratuve T-shirt, register on line at www.rideofhonour.com OR  at selected outlets and events listed on the RoH websitePRE-REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL to guarantee a place. Registrations will NOT be accepted on the day. REMEMBER TO PRINT OFF YOUR PAYPAL RECEIPT AS YOU WILL NEED THIS AS PROOF OF PAYMENT ON THE DAY.   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/b...272   * the RoH flyer has been updated                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

That link isn't working so here's another one     http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4272                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Anyone going to this. ? Thumbs Up x                                                                                                                                                                             
GT63's Profile
GT63

In: Catterick

Already here :-/                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

yes,
I`m probably going, done the black rats and the ride to wall from "here" each year,
was disappointing the new boss of the garrison didn't carry on this year!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Will see you there then..Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

fingers crossed!                                                                                                                                                                             
GT63's Profile
GT63

In: Catterick

Oldyeti, the previous boss was indulging his wife Mia who was "bikey". Unfortunately there was a huge amount of planning went into the Black Rat and with the bulk of the guys in a hot, sandy place beginning if this year there was no-one to take up the reins.
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

I did the Ride of Honour from Newcastle down to Catterick a couple of months ago, preferred the way that was run. Only a £5 donation required and T-shirts were there if you WANTED to buy one.                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

@ GT63,

id heard something like that, though it is a shame, it`s pretty understandable I know.

@ Centurion. yes also true, I guess, I always hope the "money" spent on t shirts n burgers n the fees are finding their way to serving and ex service folk, and a good cause, maybe naive, but I still would rather support this than some "charities" who's MD`s drive around in big cars n high bonuses.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I deleted my original post, it's ok, I'm having a senior moment LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield

There are still a few places left if anybody wishes to join on the day. But they cant garuntee a t-shirt as they do not over order as that would be a waste of donations
This years ride includes a guided tour of the new treatment centre Phoenix House at Catterick which is where the money has been spent.
There are some photos of the destination on the events page
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

Good weather forecast for the ride
Registrations WILL be accepted on the day on first come first served basis.
registrations start at 8a.m.
Approx 100 places left

oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

good turn out today,
I hope non of you good folk were involved in the bike incident on
the leyburn to hawes road just after the "ride out"

just aweful, even after 30 years of dealing with RTC`s
and that's saying something.                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

fantastic day. very impressed with recovery centre. good to see where the help for heroes money goes
The band must have been hot under those bearskins it was a scorcher of a day at Catterick.

oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

did you "do" any of the ride outs with the police Vlad?                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

a few pics now on events page

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks for the pics Vlad Thumbs Up   and thanks mystery person, your pics are too big for me to see who posted them   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/gallery/gallery.asp?event_id=4272                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 912 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption