Long Running Script

22 Posts | Latest reply on 11/07/2013 17:56:46 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt   I keep getting the following pop-up whenever I click to view another page    'bikermatch.co.uk is not responding due to a long running script'   and it also has a ' stop script' icon next to it, once I press this, or just wait a few minutes, the page frees up and I can then move on, but it happens EVERY time I try to view a page, it's even happening on the calendar; which is making my job a bit difficult, taking me twice as long to edit events Zzzz   Help please?                                                                                                                                                                                   
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Right, I now know it's MY COMPUTER Unhappy and not the site                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I suddenly developed the same problem Sandi.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Me too Sandi, for the last week now..grrr..takes ages to get to the next page regardless of what forum im on, its not my comp cos other places i visit are quite speedy.. i get the same msg as you ..x                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

I've got exactly the same problem as you guys, just with BM though, all other websites appear ok.   Is it a problem with BM or my computer ????                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

My been doing it for the passed week too, since I had a update from microsoft

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Me too but its only on BM take an age to do anything on BM but not had any updates.  Is there a simple fix at this end or is it a site problem as there are a few with the same issue                                                                                                                                                                                 
bingwing's Profile
bingwing

In: Spalding

It will probably be the server system, firewall, interrogation, illegal interrogation is someone hacking the system to find out about a person. It could be a person within the server, `checking out stats, cookeys or Mi5 looking for some one. we will never know who will press the buttons unless its got a number on it!!!

Have you watched the Planet of the Apes! don't forget we are all Monkeys with keyboards and some know how to press keys better than others!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

I'v been getting the same problem on Internet Explorer with this site, i have to click on stop running script to get the page, other site are ok,
But if i connect on Mozilla Firefox it all works ok                                                                                                                                                                             
bingwing's Profile
bingwing

In: Spalding

I am OK on Google at the moment, until people come in and the lines, servers get loaded, Probably tea time!! `Mozilla Firefox is a good one Bill, not as much traffic.                                                                                                                                                                             
myotherworld's Profile
myotherworld

In: birmingham

I posted in the main forum, (sorry admin didn't see this)
"ok I have found that clicking the compatibility icon in the address bar helps but then you get the message about rich text. but the site is quicker"
a hell of a lot quicker                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It works for me, cheers mow Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I don't want to faff about with firefox I just want to be able to 'turn' pages at first click like before, it's driving me feckin doolally Wacko    If I'm slow to repy to messages, or add your event to the calendar, this is why.   I thought it was my computer because I'm experiencing the same thing on other sites.   Totally confused and fed up lol                                                                                                                                                                              
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Well... as there are so many of us experiencing this, it can't be the individual pc. I only experience this on BM at the mo....                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

from my quick investigation it seems that this is a MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER ISSUE.   Some updates have been applied to IE which are screwing up Javascript applications (not just on BM but many, many website).   This includes for example the Google ads that rotate around BM and also the facebook 'like' buttons etc at the bottom of every page.   Using Google Chrome fixes the issue.  It's a microsoft bug, not a BM issue.   For now I'll disable the google ads and facebook scripts to see how it goes                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Seems to run better now....                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Running super fast now Big smileThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yayyy...brilliant..thank you Matt...x                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

So much quicker now, thanks Matt. 

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

...For now I'll disable the google ads and facebook scripts to see how it goes   Wonderful! thanks Matt, it's back to its usual speedy self, no more piggin' clickin' on the icon Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 579 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption