1991 Yamaha 850 TDM for sale

23 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2013 00:41:04 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

A friend of mine is reluctantly parting with his RED 850 TDM 

43,000 miles ( approx TBC )

Price £750 

Currently on SORN, so no TAX or MOT

(£30 to be deducted from the price by the seller, for a 12 month MOT, once a firm commitment to purchase has been made *)

Contact me in the first instance  I'll arrange a viewing and provide phone numbers etc.

* A deposit of £200 will be required, either through Paypal or bank transfer, balance to be paid in cash upon collection

Photos will be available soon on my profile

The bike is in Nth Yorks nr Scarborough

Any questions feel free to ask

Grab a bargain @ £750 Wink

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Always fancied one, it's like a Japanese Ducati, how's the gearbox apparently they're a bit fragile g/box wise

RD

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

I'll ask him and see RD Wink

Although he's the kind of guy who would have mentioned it Approve

Should know for certain by Sunday Thumbs Up

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

The 850's use a bit of oil but otherwise seem to be fine. The 900's are bulletproof.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I can't afford one myself right now but have a mate who may be keen, that's a reasonable price IMHO.

RD                                                                                                                                                                               
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

As Steve has said above, they do seem to be quite reliable Thumbs Up

Neither my friend nor I have heard these tales of "fragile" gearboxes Confused *

To quote his response to your query .....

"Fragile ?". "What a ****". "Gearbox is fine, clunky change from new, renowned for it !" "Built like a tractor box and changes just like one". Just the way they are".

So there you have it RD, two endorsements from experienced, satisfied riders Approve

As stated previously, the sale is "reluctant" Disapprove

Tell your mate to snap it up quick at that price, before someone else does Wink

* I have a Ducati with a gearbox that's been to the dentist, but I've been assured that even that is a rarity Unhappy

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Emzed, I told him about it before when he rang. He's not too well at the moment (long story) looking for something easier to ride due to his condition.

Ducati gearboxes are generally sweet provided the chain's adjusted properly, that's true of bevels and belts. The dreaded cross-over shafts on the early l/h gearchange bevels were a PITA though. Both mine converted to right foot, 1 up - 4 down.

RD
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

B. U. M. P. Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm not sure my mate knows what he wants TBH, but have a bump on me.

RD

old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

That is one hell of a bargain, first big bike back in 2008 LOVED IT, got nicked and torchedCry hankered for one since, just wish I could get hold of £750...                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

B. U. M. P

Quite right Red Thumbs Up

Come on folks, grab a bargain while the good spell of weather lasts Approve

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

B. U. M. P                                                                                                                                                                             
bingwing's Profile
bingwing

In: Spalding

Is your TDM still for sale.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

PM sent Bing                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

B U M P   This bike is still up for grabs    Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

What year is it Em ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

The clue is in the title 18 Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

Ive just seen that mate ha ha its zzr debz fault for making me laugh ....Yorkshire Central LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

At least its another BUMP Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

MALTON is the centre of the universe pal Wink                                                                      LOL   Ta for the B U M P Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 392 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption