Running in Issues

8 Posts | Latest reply on 24/08/2013 07:30:22 by MTS1200 | Go to original / last post
Tina_Hantz's Profile
Tina_Hantz

In: Gosport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi folks, I have a new Hayabusa.
As soon as it was delivered (week ago) I ripped open the manual to se what I would be restricted to during the running in period.
As it happens its 5000 revs until 1st service at 600 miles.
I have now done 450 of those 600 miles.
I looked at the handbook again today and I was a bit bemused when I read that I should avoid 'overloading' the engine.
What does this mean? I have not been over 5000 revs, but I have 'whacked it open' to get there!
Is it going to be a dog now???? lol.

Please advise x
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Wouldn't know about bikes as never had a new one.Had loads of company cars when I was a parts manager at a Fiat dealers,mainly Puntos-used to drive them like someone who got their petrol paid for,they were always faster for being thrashed from new-got 140 (according to speedo) out of a 2000 mile old Punto GT!
Don't know what it did for longevity as got a new one every two months.....
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Loading or overloading an engine is when you make it work hard going uphill in too higer gear or trying to pull away in 3rd gear hope this helps jp                                                                                                                                                                             
Tina_Hantz's Profile
Tina_Hantz

In: Gosport

thanks!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

Mefinks overloading a 'busa engine will take some doing LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
suzook12's Profile
suzook12

In: Kings Lynn

You'll do more harm riding at constant speeds than anything else.... Those motors have forged pistons, you aint gonna hurt em, but the ringsneed a little bit of lookin after. Get a first service an get some decent oil in it an thrash the hell out of it :)

fxr swas's Profile
fxr swas

In: South Shields
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

As suzook says,holding at constant revs should be avoided,vary the engine speed,it lets the rings and cylinder liner bed in properly.                                                                                                                                                                             
MTS1200's Profile
MTS1200

In: halstead

Keep everything you do on a bike sweet simple and well planned. Use the engine flexibly and be in the right gear always don't ride in 6 at 30 MPH like car driver use the right gear and keep the engine happy.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4058 seconds. There are 1090 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption