Technology Gremlins

13 Posts | Latest reply on 01/07/2013 22:01:31 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhh!  

How come technology always fails when you need it?!

There I was logged on to BM via phone, it starts playing silly devils and faltering every now and then just when convo getting good, then it dies completely for absolutely no good reason.

Get the laptop out ... it takes 20 mins to load up and get onto BM (God knows why?) then each and every  time I ask the damn thing to do anything it either shakes its tiny fist at me in a WCensoredg  gesture and sits looking at me blankly or it shuts itself into its nice safe little blue screen of death mode!  

Is technology really that clever that it thinks F**k her, she is enjoying herself a tad too much, think I'll pee her off by refusing to play ball??

Is it just me that is being infuriated by the whole flippin thing?                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

gbnp...see advice on sad/unhappy post...lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Thanks for that Jinx ...LMAO! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

and technology not just got it in for you.....me and electrics do not get on..Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Take Laptop out side place in a nice sunny spot and  tell it very nicely if it dont play ball you will shove a garden fork up its download port                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Ooo-eeer missus, now that sounds painful (cringe). Although i wish someone would take me to a nice sunny spot ... But u dont want a fork thank you!

JP your expert advice never fails to make me titter!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Right! Rant time again! - second thoughts I won't put you all through it again but suffice to say that the whole flipping kit n caboodle has done it again,I'm gonna cry! (Boohoo)

Does anyone have a mega huge hammer that I can use on the technology in my home?!

Im gonna get some carrier pigeons and a couple of tin cans on string ... they may work better than this rubbish! Bah Humbug!!

and breathe ... rant is officially OVER!

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Sod it, GBNP. Just write a letterWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Ooohh paper, pen n ink, now thats something i have a vague recollection of ...

Slate n chalk was so difficult and sooooo last century!!

Thanks will, much appreciated (grin)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

How about, go into recovery and reload to last safe save.... Might undo what ever settings have been changed.....alternatively switch it on in safe mode and carryout full scans for virus and defrag etc if that doesn't work...see post re fork down its port lol
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

Was just going to say the same as previous post, if you have anymore probs got bike gimme a shout,, qualified in IT ,,ill try to help. Boody.                                                                                                                                                                             
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.-- Albert Einstein

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Thanks guys,

Johnny - already done full scan and restored system to last point i know it was fine, hopefully that will be ok but i aint holding my breath! Where's that blasted fork wen u need it ...

Boody - you may have to become my personal technology wiz, i can pay in tea n bikkies.

Gadget ... That einstein geezer was a pretty clever bloke in the big scheme of things wasnt he?!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 884 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption