handy European bike touring pack launches

4 Posts | Latest reply on 13/08/2013 08:27:51 by MissyREP | Go to original / last post
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

With more and more riders touring on the continent, there is an ever increasing list of "compulsory" items needed to. Continental Rider Ltd has launched a european touring pack that contains such equipment, plus a couple of extra items for added safety The items are packed in a handy sizes zip up bag and contain a replacement bulb kit, fuses, first aid kit, beam benders, GB sticker, hi viz jacket, reflective/hi vis armbands, breathalysers, reflective helmet stickers, keep right sticker for your wing mirror and a deer whistle. Available with H1, H4 or H7 bulb kits, the packs cost £34.99. Www.continentalrider.com Motor cycle monthly article
MissyREP's Profile
MissyREP

In: West Molesey
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I was discussing this with a guy from work - surely if this is compulsory across Europe now, should the packs not be given to you if you buy a brand new bike? Similar to the kit that comes with a car?   I bought my bike brand new in March and didn't get any kind of touring kit? Maybe I'm expecting too much lol Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

No because half of it is a waste of cash and not needed as France is about the only place where some of it applies.

The only thing at moment that is there is legislation for reflective decals on your lid in France. There is no enforcement of this specifically and I've never heard of anyone being tugged for it in all the years (most folk don't ride at night anyway).

As for the rest only take what u got room for.

MissyREP's Profile
MissyREP

In: West Molesey
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

That's what I thought :) Thank u!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1563 seconds. There are 1221 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption