Accident blackspot.M20.

9 Posts | Latest reply on 02/09/2007 18:31:29 by rubecula | Go to original / last post
milemuncher's Profile
milemuncher

In: Okehampton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi, just had an accident on the M20 junction 11 in Kent, I was lucky and only broke my collar bone and am badly bruised, bike not so lucky. Apparently they resurfaced this stretch of road in March of this year and there is a seam of overbanding about six feet wide that has been causing accidents since. It has been documented on the D>O>T. website and has been brought up in parliament. Have any other members had a problem on this stretch, Dover bound, I would love to hear . Thankyou. Accident happenned in rain on 23rd august approx 11am, another motorcycle later that day as well in same spot.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

hmmmm sounds like the roads over here.  They're all nice a shiney looking, but you DONT wanna be out in the rain. Glad you're ok, be sure to get some rest! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

Get well soon and thanks for the tip about that black spot.                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Glad to hear you're ok apart from the collarbone hun.   Take it easy and let's hope you recover quickly.   All the best. xx                                                                                                                                                                             
tagon's Profile
tagon

In: Pontypool

Get well soon all the best xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

milemuncher, I hope you're 100% very soon, your bike too, assuming it's not completely wiped out?                                                                                                                                                                               
Speedy Claire's Profile
Speedy Claire

In: Liverpool

Sorry to hear bout your off... all the best for a speedy recovery                                                                                                                                                                             
milemuncher's Profile
milemuncher

In: Okehampton

Thanks for all the good wishes, great to know i have friends out there even if i havent met you, thats what its all about. Looks like my bikes a rite off, so much for insurance!. Am i the only biker who feels shes lost a friend not a machine? Ride safe and thanks again.                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

It is mad but yes you are not alone in feeling that way about a bike.  (And some cars too)   Good luck with the insurance and let us know how you get on.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 841 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption