Only in the US of A!!!

11 Posts | Latest reply on 31/08/2007 07:38:20 by Oggy | Go to original / last post
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

It's time once again to review the winners of the Annual "Stella Awards." The Stella Awards are named after 81 year-old Stella Liebeck of New Mexico who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued McDonald's. That case inspired the Stella awards for the most frivolous, ridiculous, successful lawsuits in the United States. Here are this year's winners:   7th Place: Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little toddler was Ms. Robertson's son.   6th Place: 19-year-old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps. 5th Place: Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pennsylvania, was leaving a house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up since the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation, and Mr. Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found, and a large bag of dry dog food. He sued the homeowner's insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of $500,000. 4th Place: Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas, was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbor's beagle. The beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams, who had climbed over the fence into the yard and was shooting it repeatedly with a pellet gun. 3rd Place: A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx (tailbone). The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument. 2nd Place: Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware, successfully sued the owner of a night club in a neighboring city when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while Ms.Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the ladies room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses. 1st Place: This year's runaway winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mrs. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, (from an OU football game), having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back & make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mrs.Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other complete morons around.                                                                                                                                                                               
lula's Profile
lula

In: tamworth

the mind boggles di, might trip over one of my kids in a shop later, then i might be able to afford a bike, lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
48% Karma48% Karma 48% Karma48% Karma

Lets have a moments silence in remembrance of common sense.                                                                                                                                                                              
boomboom's Profile
boomboom

In: bolton

wish i knew this a few years ago, my 1200 bandit manual said nothing about wreckless wheelies that go over yer head, could of claimed for a cut finger off the broken headlight as well.   oggy done me minutes silence m8                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

ms Sue Society has now settled in this country an doin well!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

shes not here yet though Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

The ones I look at are the lawyers.  They must make a fortune, but more importantly it has to be them who are driving this madness.   Bloody funny to read though.                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

The ones I look at are the lawyers.  They must make a fortune, but more importantly it has to be them who are driving this madness.   Bloody funny to read though.                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

Oops a double post  SorryLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

was funny but on a serious note explain this one how come the foriegners in this country can play the race card but try playing it if your britsh and working for a foriegn employor how come that dont work.   when in rome is all i say.                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
48% Karma48% Karma 48% Karma48% Karma

reverse racism doesnt exist,apperentlyConfused I am not racist at all & I'm for people to go & work where ever they want to but it jars me off they way we told to treat people then we dont get the same treatmeant ourselves,this can't be laid on the shoulders of immigrants.Its soley the fault or goverment actions & policies.Talking to a mate who has his own firm has enlightened me too.A lot of us wont do the jobs that immigrants will so how we say they're nicking all the jobs if we not prepared to do them ourselves?Most Asians & coloureds I know were born here & are fiercely loyal to this country & hate the way the race system works as it just makes matters worse for them.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 1377 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption