Mobility scooter ride

4 Posts | Latest reply on 29/05/2013 08:56:55 by allison_2011 | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Give 'er a wave if you see her.......   Woman's 250-mile mobility scooter ride for charity Tracey Vinyard-Thomason  A woman from Lancashire has set off on a 250-mile (400km) mobility scooter ride for Tracey Vinyard-Thomason has waterproofs packed for the tripcharity. Tracey Vinyard-Thomason is riding her mobility scooter from her home in Thornton-Cleveleys to her father's home in Canary Wharf, London. She is hoping to complete the trip in a maximum of eight days and make £1000 for six separate charities. She said she is prepared for the weather, adding: "One of my charities, the RNLI, has lent me waterproofs."'Making people laugh' Mrs Vinyard-Thomason, who runs the Captain's Table bed and breakfast with her husband Mike, said she will ride her scooter for between 12 and 14 hours a day. "I love a challenge and making people laugh. "I'm going to stick to A roads and I have prepared the route for re-charging my scooter, plus I have two spare batteries with me." It is not the first charity challenge the 50-year-old, who has been in remission from breast cancer for three years, has completed. She said she raised £1000 doing a charity head-shave as well as running a marathon in a thong. "I think this will be the easiest one," said Mrs Vinyard-Thomason. Her husband and their dog Skipper accompanied her on her first leg of the trip, to Blackpool. Her six designated charities are Blue Skies Hospital Fund which provides breast care at Blackpool Victoria, the RNLI, Support for the Elderly, the North West Air Ambulance, British Heart Foundation and the Spiritualist Church in Cleveleys.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

God Bless and Good Luck !! x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

What a woman! I'd take me hat off to her, if I wore one.   Safe journeys Tracey Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

Any updates on how this journey is going for the amazing lady?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1719 seconds. There are 875 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption