Ziggy needs a Carb

23 Posts | Latest reply on 14/05/2013 00:25:43 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I think *Ziggy needs a new carb.   That's probably why he's been temperamental just lately.. 

I took him out last week and only got 1/2 mile and had to push him home again Angry   

Really wanted to get out for a ride while I'm off work, but don't think he's gonna play nice.Disapprove

I've looked on Ebay, only seen one to fit my bike for £31.25 anyone know where I might get one cheaper?

*For those that haven't met Ziggy.. he's my mental Chinese Zhongyu 125 Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Suspect a CG125 carb may be similar,plenty of them in breakers,ZY125'S are a chinky copy of a CG.                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Thanks Sprint yeh been told its probably a Honda engine copy although the style is Suzuki GN                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Try Reg Oates at Pond street Kaz ;) If he's got one I'll come and fit it for you :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
62% Karma62% Karma 62% Karma62% Karma

if its been stood awhile Kaz it my just need cleaning                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

As Bill say's there is no reason you should need a new carb maybe an air filter and good clean out. give us a ring if your need to

Karey's Profile
Karey

Thanks Em, Bill and JohnHug

I'm gonna give him a clean out first, see if that works.

Em.. I'll go see Reg if he still wint work... will keep you all informed....

Watch this space........ >.<  Thumbs Up   xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Make sure you seal it when refitting or bike will run very weak and have very little power could even bugger her completely                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

John...........How Very Dare you!  Ziggy is MALE! LOL  

Well I drained the carb, but the battery's flat, and it started raining and I got titty-lip on.. so I gave up Stern Smile

Someone's gonna have a look at it with me tomorrow...so fingers crossed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

What's Titty-Lip or shouldn't I ask ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol... Munk on... the hump... threw mi teddy arta cot.......took mi bat n ball 'ome.. 

Duz that mek sense nah?  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Kaz - ahm still trynna mek these midlanders speke proper laike, so it may take JP a while to respond ! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Haha Stells.LOL... we may be on a mission to nowhere...but hang in there WinkThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

So if i go out with a titty lip on i need to take a bat and ball to play rounders with a monk riding a camel while dodging teddies and using prams for a wicket. By 'eck you northeners get up to some weird stuff.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

hahah  xj.. that med me chuckle.. and by eck lad we dunt arf av sum fun oop norf Thumbs Up

UPDATE: .. emptied the float, checked the air filter.. and tried again.. 
Battery flat Unhappy
Luckily Ziggy has a kick start aswell Wink  (I'm just too weak and feeble to use it) ..

Wouldn't start on kick either, checked spark plug ( fairly new one! )   no spark Confused

Put old one back in.. managed to get him running.... eventually..and run him for a fair bit to get some charge in the battery. Thumbs Up

Maybe I don't need a new carb after all?  Big smile

So going for a new spark plug tomorrow..and hopefully I'll be able to get out for a little ride before I'm back at work.Thumbs Up

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Karey It's amazing what a little TLC can do Big smile. I suppose Ziggy is like most men. lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hahah David.. that's so true Big smile

Hope all's good with you? Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

All good with me Karey Smile   and I hope you are good to. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Good..  

Yep I'm fine and dandy!  Had a bit of an 'off' year and not been to any rallies or many meets,  but hoping to make up for it this year.

Hopefully catch up with you at one or two of them.

I'm having a birthday bash in July.. everyone's welcome Hug

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4176

davidneale's Profile
davidneale

I might just do that Karey. I have been looking for events for  June and July. I will also check out the forum for your birthday Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 602 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption