'Ride-to-Work' Day, June 17th 2013 (National)

29 Posts | Latest reply on 03/06/2013 17:52:39 by cuzzie | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Monday June 17th (the day after Father's day) is National Ride-to-Work day, part of International Ride-to-Work day   Free Ride to Work Day breakfasts, company rides-out, special offers and Ride to Work Day prize draws will also take place at biker venues up and down the country.   Keep checking the RtW website for updates   For details of your local event go to  www.ridetoworkday.co.uk                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

im not insured to ride my bike to work and dont think many people are if you check your policy                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

think im ok cose i work at a lesher pool so im going for a swimm after work will i get away with itb ??

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Those who really want to ride to work, who haven't got insurance already, will probably see to it, there's time to sort that out. Besides there are other activities taking place that they could ride to, if they aren't working or otherwise occupied.   When I got insurance for my bike I always stated on the form that I would be riding it to work.                                                                                                                                                                              
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

i ride to work nearly everyday anyway lolThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

i might ride to work then. will be an interesting experience. LOLLOL

zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

wow i thought you guys were bikers LOLLOL i only use the car when temps dip to below freezing or if we have bad snow.how weird i thought everyone rode there bikes to work apart from the "ive bought the life" motorcyclists wow you learn stuff about peeps everyday dontcha Wink Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

My daily commute, by bike is 96 miles, all year,rain sun or snow, i was racing snow ploughs down the a2 this year. It seemed ironic to me to have a ride to work day, i don't even have a car licence. But everyone rides as they do. Some purely for pleasure, some purely for a cheap commute, and some of us coz it's in the blood.
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

If I were to ride to work every day the bike would look like Im going away for a week ....For some people its just not practical to do so .. When I get the chance I do ...but these chances are rare .... Ermm                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I have ridden my bike to work (30 mile round trip) every single day apart from one week in the last two years, and that one week was only because the roads were impassable with snow. Ive no choice as I don't drive a car and can't afford to anyway Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

well i guess  not a biker  then as i don't ride to work (apart from my helmet getting wet on the inside cose of my wet hair )
and i got all the gear too black boots black leathers, black biker jacket  and black leather corset o and the bike 
o wheel never mind ill be an emo then 

and send my licence  back that iv  had 31 years                                                                                                                                                                              
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

hmmm i see same as always some peeps cant tell a jest when they see one.im not stupid i know not everyone can ride to work due to having to carry stuff etc etc etc.
god when will people learn not to take things so literally pmslLOLLOLLOLLOL

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

I might ride to work on the 17th just for a bit of variety.
I usually use the car for the commute and the bike for pleasure. That's about 15K a year in the car and 10K on the bike.
I don't think I could afford 25K's worth of bike tyres and fettling a year LOL

allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I ride to work twice a week for practice.
Work in hale near Altrincham, last week I had one of Sally Webster,s (from coronation street) children say very loudly, look mum a lady on a bike!                                                                                                                                                                              
Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

In: Stoney Stanton

Well I'm starting a new job in two weeks, so I'll be definitely riding to work... new job is about 15 miles away and the traffic can be horrendous apparently... so busting through the jams on a Harley should be fun... 

On a secondary note, don't a lot of the Motorcycle Dealerships put on a something special for ride to work day? Free Doughnuts, Coffee, Free Greases etc?? Or is that just my three local Harley-Davidson Dealerships?

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Erm...Harley_Rider me thinks you not read page one properly/at all lol Wink   The answer to your  question is in my first post on page 1                                                                                                                                                                             
Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

In: Stoney Stanton

OK... can I plead the Fifth and offer a plea of temporary insanity?? 

You're right... I got all excited at the first line and didn't read the rest... Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Onearmbandit52's Profile
Onearmbandit52

In: Brynford
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I'm not riding to work,(profile picy)live on the job(caravan)Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Alas i don't work these days..fulltime carer for my son...so i'll just have to have a rideout  to show my support for you folks...maybe to the seaside for an ice-cream..Wink Unless someone wants a lift to and from work once my lad has gone off to school....Anyone on a late shift @ Stoke...???...                                                                                                                                                                             
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Toots, you need to ride round the block and back again to your place of work!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6211 seconds. There are 338 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption