Northumberland camp

28 Posts | Latest reply on 10/06/2013 19:02:47 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

After much enthusiasm for the idea at Dent I'm thinking about planning a Northumberland camp.

14th to 16th June would be good as there seems to be not much else on.

I've yet to source a campsite but there are plenty about so that's the easy bit. I could do with an idea of possible numbers before I get into that.

The options for the ride out are many and varied.
You can visit the castles along the coast.Pop over go to Lindisfarne (but watch the tide times).If anyone fancies a bit of National Trust then Cragside is well worth a visit but you will want at least half a day. Hadrian's wall is still there despite the historical habit of pinching bits of it to build other things.
Or if none of that appeals just get inland of the A1 and play silly buggers on some great, scenic roads and visit the biker cafes for coffee and cakes. Kielder anyone?

In fact there is so much to do there it might be worth doing an extended weekend.

Well what do you all think? Anyone interested?
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Oh yes Roo and me want to go on this one, No doubt lee will want to attend as well.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Steve, it's Father's day on the 16th, so some may have other plans that day   BTW, once the date is set you may like to ask a mod to add the date to the title?                                                                                                                                                                                 
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

does that meen us grandads can go out and play then                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Well Norm, if you're a grandad I'd say it's a safe bet you're a DAD Wink, but it's up to you how you spend Father's day init? Whatever you, and all the other dads, decide I hope it's a brill' weekend                                                                                                                                                                              
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now

I would like to join you good gents (and ladies)
but, week ends off are a rarity for me (2 out of 8)
and that one in (unfortunately) in Portugal on bike,

yes I know its a poor excuse XK.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Fathers day?
Well spotted Sandi.
I suggest you all ask your offspring to donate to Dad's beer, petrol and tyre fund.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've been looking at camp sites in the area. The usual criteria apply; easy to get to, pub near by, facilities and not too expensive.

I'm tempted by Winshields Camp and Bunk Barn. It's on the Military Road that runs alongside Hadrian Wall.
The famous Twice Brewed Inn is couple of hundred metres down the road.
From the campsite it's an easy stroll over to have a look at Hadrians Wall, so you can say you've done that.
It's a good base for an interesting circular  ride out on the Saturday.

Post code NE47 7AN if you want to google view it.

So is anyone interested? If so say so and I'll get organising.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Dare I go?
  It's the weekend b 4 the  FYP...   Oh well, might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Well I would love to go but have a commitment on the Saturday, also, as XK says, it's FYP the next weekend and I'll be going down to Hartside with friends the weekend after that so best skip this and hope to see some of you up at Loch Ness if not at FYP.
I'll cross fingers and toes for good weather for you all.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I'm still undecided about the FYP. Done it plenty of times but I'm getting bored of the rain, mud and "lets pretend we're (insert name of 70's group)" bands.
The other half is away on a WIMA do 14-16th June so I'm looking to do something to keep me either out of (or get me into?) mischief LOL
Once I get a reply back from the site I'll put something on the events page and see what happens.

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Event added for the weekend 14-16th June.

Destination Winshields camp site, £7.50 / night.

If you're up for it put your name down so I can let the camp site know the numbers.

The ride out on Saturday will be spectacular. If you haven't ridden round Northumberland and the Borders you are in for a treat.

There is no word in the old Northumbrian language for traffic jamb.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

This event  is on the alendar thanks Steve   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=4175                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Thanks Sandi.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Wots an alendar?Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Ouch! I just PML and it's agony (back spasm) ya wally XK LOL    In answer to your -uestion I -on't -now Ha ha  LOL                                                                                                                                                                                  
wantedpillyseat's Profile
wantedpillyseat

In: newcastle upon t

WOULD OF LOVED TO GO BUT IN JAPAN FOR 3 WEEKS JUST MY LUCK                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

bump...
because I need to let the camp site know numbers.                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

Possible off not working                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

Possible if not working
That's better ( stupid phone got exited )

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8750 seconds. There are 609 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption