return to St Marys Loch 19/20/21 april

42 Posts | Latest reply on 22/04/2013 08:39:41 by dustin666 | Go to original / last post
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Dusty, Dizzydot and myself are heading camping to the Tibbie Sheils at St Marys Loch next weekend from late Friday afternoon til sunday.

anyone not going to MCN or Thundersprint who fancies a dander round the borders, camping in one of the most fab places on earth next to the loch, with food available in the pub and probably live music on the Saturday evening we would be happy to see you.

you can get further info at http://tibbieshiels.com/
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Oh shame, I've already got my ticket for Stafford. Sounds like a must, though if your're doing it again later in the year.                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

Yes we'll be headin again I would think.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I'm tempted.                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

Don't be tempted just come along! we don't bite! well ok lyn might! lol lol sorry lyn! ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

Lyn is too much of a lady to bite (I thinkBig smile)
Looks like some folk will have to make some pretty long detours, btw, as the A708 is completely blocked about five miles west of the loch. Trouble is, it's the only road to the loch so as far as I can make out, so lengthy detours will be needed.

http://tinyurl.com/cgwtop5                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

That's OK, I'd come in from the Kelso side.
A bit further perhaps but Big smileBig smileBig smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

http://tinyurl.com/cgwtop5       http://www.tibbieshiels.com                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

Thanks Sandi                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Y W Wills                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

you need to continue on the A74 to Biggar from the south then head for peebles and innerleithen and onto the A708 from the north - its a bit of a detour but actually the road from Biggar to peebles is pretty impressive bike wise!                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

The section of road that's down is between the M74 and Tibbie's . From the south M6 Jct 44 follow A7 , gorgeous biking road , to Hawick then SELKIRK then follow A708 Moffat to Tibbie's . It takes an extra 10 minutes , it's the way I normally go , on the bike . Dusty x live music ? = every Saturday xx
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

The section of road that's down is between the M74 and Tibbie's . From the south M6 Jct 44 follow A7 , gorgeous biking road , to Hawick then SELKIRK then follow A708 Moffat to Tibbie's . It takes an extra 10 minutes , it's the way I normally go , on the bike I wouldn't call it a detour , unless you prefer riding on motorways. Dusty x live music ? = every Saturday xx
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

or you could use the A7 to hawick as dusty suggests. lyn and i are coming in from east ayrshire so makes more sense for us to go to peebles. oh and theres very few boring roads in the borders! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

Wish I could make it, detour or not. The borders roads are on my to-do list, so Kwakgirl, maybe you've got a pointThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

@                                                                                                                                                                                             @ wills , yeah , the Borders roads are great for bikers , justmake sure you fetch some 'avon skin so soft' and someone that can read a map .LOL Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                                                 
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Only a couple of days to go , decisions, decisions.   Big tent and porch for some full on camping with portable bbq/firebox, double stove , table , chairs plus lots of other 'junk', or,,,   medium tent plus little sun shelter and slightly less 'junk'or,,,   small Dutch cotton tent [toasty warm and free from condensation ] with minimalist 'junk'   I suppose I'd better let the weatherman decide,, Mmm friday = dry,,,, saturday= dry,,,,,,, sunday=wet Oh well , one of the above , I'll decide friday morning as usual.   Debs, Lynn, are you two all packed up and ready to go camping? drinking?and dancing?     Dusty xx   p.s. great profile pic Debs phwoar                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

got my new tent and self inflating air bed thingy! have caused much amusement in my house as the lads thing I haven't a hope of getting "that huge thing" (my tent) on the back of the 9! Ex husband made some smart arse comment about me needing 4 blokes to pick me up after I fall off due to the weight involved! just waiting on my tent carpet! and debating a onesie but not quite ready to look like Bungle out of rainbow so think i'll just wear what I usually wear in bed! lol!

ps cheers Dusty re profile pic xxxx :)
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

oh and I found a little back road to the tibbie about 6 miles north outta Moffat on the 701...and I know that's a crackin bit o road too!                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

im actually quite minimalistic this time...Dusty take the stove thing as yu are now on brekkie/tea duty.lol.oh and bring more chairs cos I havne got any, my bike is only ickle anyways:) apparently bmw are doing something at the 'glen cafe' on Saturday. wind is blowing a gale here so I hope it dies down for the weekend.......

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 625 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption