sigma or tamron lenses?

8 Posts | Latest reply on 02/04/2013 00:00:38 by kwakgirl | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

any camera bods on here? i'd like what i think? lol is a better lens for my sony slr probably an 18-200mm seems a toss up between the above, have no need or wallet lol for big cannons n such have seen the above lenses at £150 touch that will do me but which one? or is there no real difference/preference? Cheers Gareth
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi,

Not sure if this link will be of help to you, but may help you decide?

http://www.cameras.co.uk/camera-lenses

Years ago when I used to do photography (SLR film camera), Tamron lens were the one's to go for as an aftermarket manufacture.

These days with companies buying other companies, I'm not sure if Tamron are owned by another?  Hence why I've sent the link as I'm a bit rusty with cameras.  Just getting back into it myself, only I'm using a bridge camera at the moment.

Hope the link helps you out. Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cheers mate i'll take a look thanks, Gareth

Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Hi Gareth, I've sent you a PM regarding lenses. Matt might chip in with an opinion also as he's a keen photographer.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok thanks Simon                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Loads of opinions going both ways if you just Google Sigma vs Tamron 18-200mm review.
Just a couple at random:

http://www.dpchallenge.com/forum.php?action=read&FORUM_THREAD_ID=269627

and 

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Tamron18200mm/index.shtml

Tamron v Sigma is like Canon v Nikon or Yamaha v Suzuki - a lot of it comes down to your own brand loyalty. 
I've worked with professional photographers all my life, and they go with the camera makers own brand lenses pretty well every time, but at that level durability is also a major factor, with a price tag to match!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

many thanks wills                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

well not sure ul want to hear MY opinion but......I prefer Nikon on my Nikon camera. However I have used sigma and I like them although the bigger lenses are very heavy. The new Tamrons are also ok although the old ones I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole for build quality!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 658 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption