RAF Leuchars Air Show

11 Posts | Latest reply on 30/03/2013 10:46:43 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Hi   Has anyone ever 'biked' to the RAF Leuchars air show ? My plan is a drop off in Yorkshire then run up to my sons place in Kinglassie (Fife)  then we go on the Saturday to the show.    Is there any special bike park places, security etc ???   Seems a plan rather than sitting in mile upon mile of traffic jams.   (It's the last one this year before Leuchars becomes an 'army' camp   Any info welcome.  I have been before but in a car. Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Moving this to the General forum, from the newbies forum                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

LOLCheers Sandi  xxx   ever vigilant    I tried to do it myself, but i don't have the power.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Y W A J Not so much vigilant as bored, to rigor lol, it gives me something to do                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

I'm going to repost this in an aviation forum and see what replies come out. I know there are quite a few bikers there.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Cheers Wills....................I'll 'watch this space'   Beer   My lad's in the RAF but he's always been on duty and unable to actually watch the show.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

ahh good on ya lad being in RAF, my unfortutely passed away, dad was in the RAF all his life and i was born in a RAF hospital too!!    All the best to your lad and enjoy the airshow Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RickM's Profile
RickM

In: Thorney
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Enjoy the show VFR, i was stationed there in the late 70's, nice camp plenty of memories.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

Looks as if the answer might be here..scroll down to Access and Exit (on-base)

http://www.airshow.co.uk/travel/by-road

(Thanks be to TheMightyOz on an aviation forumThumbs Up)                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Nice one Mr Wills...top bloke   Motorcycles On Base Free of Charge On Base Free of Charge                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

http://www.airshow.co.uk/travel/by-road                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 1155 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption