Alternatives to Biking (Due to the bad weather)

41 Posts | Latest reply on 28/03/2013 10:23:41 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

LOL Steve.     I don't feel so bad now I know others aren't living the high life while I am stuck at home vegetating Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Arrow675R's Profile
Arrow675R

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Sandi,   I'm supposed to be working at home, but in between working I'm pacing haha   Any excuse to buzz off into the sunshine and I'm there lol   Steve :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Nowgotabike's Profile
Nowgotabike

In: Crick

Well I am about to don my thermals and head off out for my motorbike lesson...... so hopefully have a bit of a ride-out for an hour if nothing else..... then again, looking out there, it looks like we may be in for more snow.   Nooooooooooooooooooooo Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

it's tricky when all we live for is biking and being out there havin a darn good larf and adventures with biking mates!!! to find anythign else that replaces it.... Ouch   go to bike shops/dealers, go to gigs, go to pubs where you know like minded folk will be Big smile ... and wait for the bad weather to pass.....   hoep ya lesson goes well NGB matey an ya got darn gooood thermals... its still snow and ice all around here!! xx                                                                                                                                                                                 
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Is there a alternatives?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

nope ... i dont think there is Rags.....                                                                                                                                                                              
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

NOTHING COMPARES                                                                                                                                                                             
Nowgotabike's Profile
Nowgotabike

In: Crick

Lesson was good thx Suzi but cut short due to ice and the fact I couldn't feel my fingers!  And I had thermal under-gloves on!!!  Getting there though :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Well looks like I didn't get far in finding out what others do to relieve the boredom, when the snow stops play LOL   I don't get out much, even in the warmer weather, as I have to rely on generous folk giving me a lift; so going to a biker cafe, or anywhere bikers may be, during the bad weather is even less likely than in the warmer weather.   Oh well, back to the crossword puzzles and the repeat programmes on telly Zzzz Cry   lol                                                                                                                                                                               
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

If you can't be a riding, then you could be a fettling Big smile...............................ErmmEmbarrassed your bike
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sandi when Im stuck at home sick or off the bike etc I make jewellery or bake lots of cakes and buns, its a very satisfying hobby and very therapeutic...plus you can sell what you make Wink                                                                                                                                                                               
RickM's Profile
RickM

In: Thorney
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Send some this way Lulu !  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cakes or jewellery Rick? LOL LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
RickM's Profile
RickM

In: Thorney
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Ah point taken.  Cakes, i was never confused .   Although they say don't knock it till you've tried it  Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Bike taken to workshop to get heated grips fitted. Might try em out tomorrow. Replacement sorted for broken tent pole....so bike comfort sorted and tent fettled for when it's fit to camp again Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

David, I aint got a bike anymore Cry    Lulu, I'm too skint to buy the materials/ingredients to make jewellery or bake (I'd burn the buggers anyway lol)   Altho maybe if I did bake I could start up a bike *puck business   *my cakes would be rock hard, hard enough to withstand any weight of bike LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ah no ye wouldn't burn buns Sandi...easy peasy to make, Ill pm you a great recipe of easy muffins that doesnt cost the earth, all ya need is flour, eggs, milk, butter and whatever you are flavouring them with....bananas, cherries, choc, nuts etc etc ....or have them plain if you like. Cheap as chips hon. Most expensive thing would be the muffin tin itself but you could use an ordinary bun tin. I will PM you it in a while once Ive written it out..... Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

indoor bowls...!!                                                                                                                                                                             
rangergordy's Profile
rangergordy

In: Kirkcaldy, Fife

When is all this white stuff going to stop. I have a car as i work in a car all day so still go out in it. Went out in the high winds at weekend, not ideal but it's better than being indoors doing chores or my accounts as self employedUnhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
rangergordy's Profile
rangergordy

In: Kirkcaldy, Fife

still go out in bike that is LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 804 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption