MalloryPark Petition

38 Posts | Latest reply on 05/10/2013 18:46:41 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

The Mallory Park racing circuit is under threat from residents complaining about the noise. Mallory Park has been reported as saying it would no longer be viable commercially to operate the circuit should the council insist on enforcing strict noise limits and a restriction of 92 operating days set in a 1985 agreement. It said that it would need to operate for 160 days to be viable. A reduction for track day operators from 98db to 95db was brought in last August and Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council has issued a number of summonses against the circuit for breaching the terms of the 1985 agreement in recent months. The 1.35 mile circuit is used for motorcycle and car racing, with motorcross events also based there. To trigger a government debate #SaveMallory needs 100, 000 signatures on epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i woudl have thought it would have helped if BSB had stayed there too... at least more revenue coming in on a big race weekend..... why the Censored are BSB now in darn Assen which is hardly British as in British superbikes... when mallory was a brill place to go see it .....   its a crying shame and i foresee a sad outcome bt will defo go sign the petition now rowan chick   nice one for putting this on Thumbs Up   petition signed x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just signed this petition, lets hope thousands more do too...Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

petition signed a while ago. As for BSB not being there, Mallory just didn't have the facilities to support the BSB guys & the access to & from the paddock was proving difficult (due to having to get onto the circuit to get out of the paddock & the main medical centre being in the middle of the paddock!)
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

signed :)                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Signed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Signed                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

That's me signed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

signed                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

Done

Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

In: Stoney Stanton

I signed it as it's on my doorstep... but I have to confess that I think it's more about closing Mallory Park down and building new homes there.... more money to be made!! 

Which is a pity, because Mallory Park also gets used for other events, such as Concerts.

Onearmbandit52's Profile
Onearmbandit52

In: Brynford
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

SignedCool                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

The petition needs more signatures, 32,200 so far   Closing date is 7th March 2014                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

I have posted this on Facebook with requests to repost. It may help boost the number if enough people pass it on.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Nice one David Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Signed                                                                                                                                                                               
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Thanks Dave.   Keep it up folks Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Any news yet on this please ? Did the signatures help ?.. Ive not found anything on line about it ..Unhappy x                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Don't think it did. There is an article in the September Bike (I think) mag, which once I've read I will bob on here.

RB                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2500 seconds. There are 293 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption