Harley Davidson 883 rear suspension.

7 Posts | Latest reply on 17/03/2013 15:38:16 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Brathu's Profile
Brathu

In: Tell you later
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi, has anybody lifted the rear suspension of the Sportster 883R (yeah, i know this is the tallest of the 883's, lol) ???  Has the ride/steering improved ? Anypic's to be found anywhere ??? Regards  Naffed                                                                                                                                                                             
Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

In: Stoney Stanton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kjuirr89jQ

Have a look at this link.. it's from Progressive (American Manufacturer), you should find that the ride will become more comfortable with the shocks lifted by a couple of inches.

Brathu's Profile
Brathu

Thank's HR, i just watched, and understand that.  Just what i am aiming to do is actually lift the rear end of the bike up, maybe using XR1200X shock's (i have heard of this being done) for visual effect, and hopefully improve handling, and steering, ie, making the fork angle a little steeper. Regards  Naffed                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Lifting the back of a sportster by that much will make very little or no difference as you wouldnt be going fast enough round the twisty bits to notice

Brathu's Profile
Brathu

Did mention that it's more of a viual thing, speed and performancing come's into it at a later date ;) lol regards                                                                                                                                                                             
Brathu's Profile
Brathu

Hmmmm, think i meant 'visual thing', lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

just to add to that the new 883 superlow has got such weird size tyres and forks different to older 883's just for this reason........ the handling is ride and steering at slow speed and on corners etc is top notch - so harley knew this was a problem bt the bike is sooo low you would prob find it too low for you!! so whatever they have done on the 883 superlow works anyhow for steering and handling Wink .... i think hte superlow is aimed at newer riders too tho so i guess they reckon to needing better handling and steering ?maybe?    it may just be a case of getting used to riding a harley naffed off?? and then once you have it speak to people when out and about etc .... and once you are "used to the ride"....?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 1087 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption