Begin Biking website

10 Posts | Latest reply on 07/03/2013 09:55:37 by Harley_Rider | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Dunno if this is any use to anyone but someone sent it to me.......   http://www.beginbiking.com                                                                                                                                                                             
Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

In: Stoney Stanton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Seems a little more expensive than what I paid in February - May last year to do all of my training... Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

I Love this idea in essence.. and yes it is expensive but would probably work out what you would pay long term anyway and if I had that kind of money.. then I might be tempted.. however...

My concern would be.. an intensive three/four day/week long course.. does it really give you the skills to ride a big huge animal of a bike.. in comparison to a 125...

Experienced riders.. whatdayathink?!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

If its a good school you don't mind paying a bit more. But its a dam site more than I payed I think it was about £7.50 test fee                                                                                                                                                                              
Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

The short term / intensive / crash course does NOT give you the skills and experience in that short time to go out and ride a Big Bike.... that can ONLY come in my opinion with experience, riding out regularly and riding with others.

My first lesson was a CBT in February 2012... my last exam was my Module 2 in May 2012... I rode regularly inbetween the tests and that helped my confidence, I passed all of my exams first time.

A good Instructor taking you out in ALL riding conditions, early morning, rush hour, weekend and all weathers is where you really learn... or at least that's how I learnt.

JP's Profile
JP

Ive been riding bikes since I was about 12 and Im still learning stuff so dont think that you learn much on any of these courses all thay teach you is to pass a test                                                                                                                                                                              
nellie's Profile
nellie

In: nottingham
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

yep i agree with jp.....the training and test only gives you the basics to allow you on the road..... the rest you learn the more you do...... same as jp been riding bikes since about twelve ish and still make the odd epic mistake lol.......                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

OK I asked for that one lol. Shoulder still bloody hurts too                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Well loves.. I shall be perfectly honest.. JP's comment about "teaching you to pass a test" is kinda how it would feel right now.. but perhaps thats because I don't feel anywhere near ready to go for my mod 1 & 2.. but that's down to confidence.. and no one can teach you that and besides the only time I really wish I had my full licence is when I'm trying to get her up and over the moors when playing out with the big boys.. and the way I mince around twisties.. having a bigger bike would just be plain embarrassing Wink

Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

The Module 1 is good fun, slow manouvring on a bike, all about being able to control a bike at slow speed and keep your balance... I really enjoyed my Module 1 Test... even the telling off from the Examiner for "over exuberance" when whooping my head off for the U Turn in the road exercise.   The Module 2 best bit is the "Free Ride" section, the Examiner shows you a street map and says "We're here... get to there..."                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 555 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption