Highland trip cos I'm 50.

15 Posts | Latest reply on 06/05/2013 21:12:57 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

Continuing on from my Glencoe thread we've decided to make a week of it.
Clachaig Inn, Glencoe 3rd, 4th & 5th May.Caledonian Hotel, Ullapool for 3 nights (6th, 7th & 8th).the Dreadnaught Hotel, Callander (9th & 10th).Saturday, pack up and go home (11th). Although Lindsey and I are staying in Hotels all these places have camp sites and B&B's to suite all budgets.
I can't guarantee the weather but it's often sunny up there at this time of the year and the midges won't be out in force.
So are you coming along?
It's up to yourselves to book your own accommodation and buy me drinks.
My job is to drink them.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

All on the calendar, thanks Steve.   Highland Trip 3rd to 11th May 2013   Glencoe http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3852   Ullapool http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3959   Callander http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3960                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

PLEASE NOTE   ALL TITLES HAVE BEEN CHANGED, BY STEVE_H   Glencoe is now Highland Trip Stage 1 Ullapool is now Highland Trip Stage 2 Callander is now Highland Trip Stage 3   you can still follow the links, in the previous post, to the calendar                                                                                                                                                                                   
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

think i'd like some of this at least for Glencoe, most likely camping                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Welcome along.
Good roads and beer guaranteed. Midge free almost definitely.  Good weather likely at that time of year but can't be promised LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

got 3 trips planned this year, 2 in scotland lol, one in snowdonia roll on the summer                                                                                                                                                                              
rangergordy's Profile
rangergordy

In: Kirkcaldy, Fife

Hi, would be interested in coming along to either Glencoe or Callander part of it. There is not enough Scotland meets                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Hopefully I'll see you there then.
I love Scotland, best riding roads I've ever seen IMHO.
The Clachaig is one of my all time favorite pubs. You'll find me in the lounge early on scoffing veggie haggis, neeps & tatties then in the barBeer

I don't know how many will be coming along yet. The other half and me obviously but beyond that anyones guess. It's hard work convincing people that it's often gloriously sunny north of the border in May. They all want to go later in the year and feed the midges LOL

allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

Is it ok to come along for part of this event and not all of it?                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Of course. You need to sort out your own accommodation but we have picked places with plenty of options for that reason.
It's my birthday party and everyone is welcome.                                                                                                                                                                             
rangergordy's Profile
rangergordy

In: Kirkcaldy, Fife

I wil definitely be there for at least some of the trip. It's true some people don't realise some of the roads up here are the best for bikes                                                                                                                                                                             
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

I fancy the glen Coe area part of the trip                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

That's the best bit, everyone should be in a party meed too.
You'll want thermals and knee sliders. Big smile

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Bike packed and I'm off...

Mildew here I come LOL

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

And proper Mildew too.
Fine ride up on Friday as far as Edinburgh then we hit the rain. Lashed it down all the way to the Clachaig. Veggies haggis, neep and tatties went down well as did the beer.
Saturday, lashed it all day, the high point been a walk to the village for some soup. In the bar by 6.
Sunday, got as far as Oban before it rained again. Soaked by the time we got back.
Sunday night over beer(s) we checked the weather forecast. Continuous rain up the northwest for the rest of the week... and glorious sunshine in the Durham!
So we've bailed out and come home.
Rain all the way to Edinburgh, then glorious sunshine all the way through the Borders and Northumberland on the sublime A697.

Anyone fancy a ride out during the rest of the week?

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5313 seconds. There are 870 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption