Bike insurance what should I do

8 Posts | Latest reply on 23/02/2013 16:34:18 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

My dilemma is, I have now acquired a second bike and I need to insure it, the insurance on my other bike don't run out until july and they don't do multi bike policies. I can either cancel this insurance, it would cost £50 to cancel it but as the policy only cost £84 they will waiver that cost with no return of premiums. Then I can take out a multi bike policy for £126 which means wasting 5 months on my old policy or would I be better taking out a policy just on the other bike but one which offers multi bike and then add the other bike to this policy in July. Sorry bit long reading.
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I'd go with option 2 Approve   That way both bikes are insured Thumbs Up   And you can add the Virago to the new policy when it's insurance expires in July Wink   Getting the most out of your cheap one bike policy Cool    But of course, as always, the choice is entirely yours Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I have a multi vehicle policy with Carol Nash, first I insured my first bike... then after 9 months I added my car to it, they quoted me an additional cost until the bike insurance ran out, then I got a new quote for both bike and car for 12 months. Last year I added another bike to this, I now have 2 bikes and one car on one policy... no problem at all
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Added my Blackbird missile to my Triumph classic policy,40 quid for 6 months comp cover,Triumph still insured despite total loss write off/salvage buyback/payout so good value as far as I'm concerned.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Em, I have just tried option two, take a new policy out on VN then add the XV in July, worked out dearer to do it that way which suprised me, £107 for one bike then to add XV in July would cost £35 making the policy £142 but doing option one £126 for both bikes. Lynn I didn't realise I could add my car to a bike policy but will certainly bear that in mind on renewal of my car policy, Thanks for the information everyone.

TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

It's with Carol Nash and called ƌ wheel policy' one car and up to 5 bikes i think                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

That's a Carole Nash six-wheel policy....Lynne had a little typo there...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

"then to add XV in July would cost £35 making the policy £142"   that'll be the £35 they charge to make amendments to a policy                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 938 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption