3rd BM Kiss Rally

827 Posts | Latest reply on 18/09/2013 12:32:40 by Matt | Go to original / last post
BigRay's Profile
BigRay

In: Otley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Now what can you say I really had a good time it was my first kiss and I will be back to the next one I don't care how far away and I agree but Ragnar what wood be like it was sunny weekend you would not get moving I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy myself well done to the people who organised it
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

i came from the south west corner of scotland, 400 + miles...not on the bike of course as the weather was horrendous on the thursday wen i left and chose a train then a car...but still managed to go...met some mega folk an canna wait to see them all agin in novermberSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Flumpy76's Profile
Flumpy76

In: Braintree

With you on the one Dizzy :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
myotherworld's Profile
myotherworld

In: birmingham

I had a good time, albeit short(but that's being sorted) I enjoyed it, meet people had a drink chatted and had a dam good laugh. so it rained, this is the UK folk it happens here (a lot) would I go to another? you bet. should it move round the country? wouldn't hurt, makes better for folks to get to some years over others. To all that worked on this thank you. some parts were better than other bits but that's the way it goes sometimes. make the most of it and move on, but at the end of the day. thank you.                                                                                                                                                                             
silverlining's Profile
silverlining

In: medway kent

i would love to say i had a great time even if the weather was very english and some things didnt go to plan. i met some great people who i felt safe to be myself around and i would love to be at the next one. so thanks to you all for such a great weekend xxx
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

In MY Defence:
The venue was a better venue than prior years The food was of a better standered and better priced than previous years At no time has Matt asked me how the rally went and if there were any problems I have NEVER asked for money or for a bucket to be handed round.  When the KISS Rallies started, it was made clear to everyone that each year the rally would be held at different locations, so as to give everyone the opportunity to attend without having to travel to far. When I walked into the KISS 2 Rally I was told I was going to be organising the next KISS rally as the organisers of that one had had enough. This was my first attempt at organising a rally and apart from not understanding the music business, I don't think we did to bad a job!! I was on hand 24/7 and always there to help and sort out any problems (tea/coffee, Toilets, First Aid) At no time over the weekend did anyone come up to me to complain about anything we had organised I don't believe that Matt should have apologised on behalf of BM. I believe, as most people have said it was a success. Yes numbers were down but I don't believe this was because of where it was held and more to do with site politics and the weather.                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

Elaine, I haven't hesrd a bad word said about the event. You and dsve did a good job. Thankyoy.
I think the lower turn out may be more due to a noticed reduction in active members this year. Also may be due to less paid up member than last couple of years.
I think Matt needs to pull more full members back in.
So don't feel bad. Hugs xx
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

I agree wholeheartedly with what David  has written above.   Once again thank you Elaine and Dave for all your efforts                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds

Ok, as i never intended to attend this event this year, due to personal reasons, i obviously havent seen the message from matt and so am reading between the lines of the numerous messages on this thread.

Therefore my take on this is that the attendance was down on last year, the weather was poor, the facilities at the venue were good, including food, and most importantly the majority of attendees on this thread appear to have ENJOYED THEMSELVES.. whats the problem?

The location will always be a bone of contention and the suggestion of using a different venue each year maybe worth consideration, however it may not be the cause of the poor attendance.

Perhaps there are a lot of fairweather bikers out there, perhaps other factors came into play but lets be serious these things take a lot of pain and heartache to organise, they become all consuming monsters and hats off to those who took the task on! Rather than feeling the need to vindicate yourselves you should be standing up proud n tall pointing at your achievements and giving The Bird, with the following words ...
if you think you can do better... feel free to take it on!

Life is too short, grab it with both hands n live it to the max. Those that were dissatisfied need take a long hard look at the bigger picture and establish whether they would have done better. If so, put ya money where ya mouth is and lets see what happens next year!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It seems I have upset some people with my post above. At no time was my post having a dig or taking away any of the hard work done by the others organising KISS events and if it comes across as I was I apologise. 
All I was trying to do was defend myself after Matt's PM                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds

@elliemay ... Stop apologising ... What happened to freedom of speech?! You obvs put alot of work in and if some individuals werent happy then thats just one of those things! They need to get over it!

Well done you for taking the task on!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Elaine and Dave may I directed you to my post in reply to Bj's bottom of page http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...p;page=916 give your self 10 brownie points                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

i also didn't hear anyone complain. it may have had fewer numbers leading to a restricted budget but it was not short on atmosphere, camaraderie or laughs. i thoroughly enjoyed myself, got drunk, had a laugh, had a hangover, met old friends and made new and even found time saturday afternoon for a bit of essential maintenance.
bikerken's Profile
bikerken

In: newport shropshi

Elliemay sorry I didn't make this but I'm trying to do what I can.You don't need to apologise it's takes enough organising a rally and getting it to suit every one and you got not no control of weather so if any body as any thing to say they should have a  go at it.I wish I had been well enough I would have been their and what I have read most people enjoyed it. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well 4 one ! i thoroughly enjoyed it and being my first it makes me want to do it all over again. A big thank you to ellie & dave... cracking job well done both....to be honest im a bit gob smacked at some of the remarks that have been made... no one can control the weather...its england at the end of the day we should be acustomed to getting wet. we ride  bkes !!! if your put off by getting wet use a car!. ...... rant over...BM'ers are the absolute best, ..friendly , helpful , caring and all round good eggs....ROLL ON KISS 4                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Im more than gob smacked by some of the comments made on this thread.                                                                                                                                                                              
Flumpy76's Profile
Flumpy76

THREE CHEERS TO ELLIE & DAVE and to there other little helpers who made the weekend enjoyable

HIP HIP HOORAY
HIP HIP HOORAY
HIP HIP HOORAY

The overall consensus people throughly enjoyed themselves, such a shame a small group of people wanted to spoil it for everyone else .. Thinking they could have done a better job .. Shame on you

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

I just wish folk would read what Matt said before jump up and down and having a go and defending thing all he said was there were a few issue's that could have been better ie bands and a bucket going round to cover costs that was all.yes numbers were down but I know a lot of members said they wouldn't go because it was to far, yes the same members that were complaining that it should move about more.
Fact there was an issue with bands a bucket did go round and folk were asked to help.out which Matt doesn't like as you have already payed for the event that's all so can this stop now this is getting out of hand
Flumpy76's Profile
Flumpy76

Here here JP my thoughts exactly                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Well said John.

The rally was great..and everyone's enjoyed it... job done! Thumbs UpBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 560 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption