Stolen bike

25 Posts | Latest reply on 05/02/2013 08:51:54 by Sprint900 | Go to original / last post
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Had a phone call from my housemate to say I've been burgled over Xmas while I was away,the scumbags nicked my bike too so if you see it please let me know- Triumph Sprint 900,reg M201FNR,fitted with a Givi wingrack and 36 litre side cases and a 45 litre topbox with backrest,stolen with keys and possibly paperwork so if you see it please let me know. Any help appreciated,thanks.Pic of bike on my profile.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Will certainely keep a lookout for it....the lousy Censored..   So sorry to hear your sad news Sprint...Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

That's not a good Xmas present Sprint Disapprove   I hope you get some good news about your bike soon Ermm   I'll keep an eye out for it mate Wink   Deepest sympathy for your loss Cry                                                                                                                                                                               
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

Bloody H, Sprint.....the scumbags. Hope it gets traced soon.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sorry to hear that Sprint -makes me sick when something like that happens. Not good at all . hope it turns up                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

That's a bas**** sorry to here it hope your insurance is OK, although i do know what it feels like to have it stolen but at least it better in winter than summer when you want to be out on it                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

Picked up my blackbird today,leaving it at my friends in le.t as I dare't put it in my garage til its properly secure!                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

oooooh.....a blackbird Big smile 

that'll take your mind off things for a while...enjoy Thumbs Up

keep us up to date with finding the sprint                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Aww Piers, what rotten news, I hope you get the bike back and any other stuff they took.    I'm curious tho, why were the keys left in the bike?     Did they ride the bike away? Maybe a neighbour heard it leave and can tell you what time that was, just a thought.     Is the cat alright?   Hug                                                                                                                                                                                
petewick's Profile
petewick

In: Haworth

Sorry to hear that Piers. Hell would be too good for those scumbags. At least your new toy will be a distraction. Will be good to see it soon!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

Broke into my house over Xmas and found keys,hence bike stolen from locked garage-knackered 500 quid of alarm system doing it! Also nicked tv's,ps3 etc,either burglars who got lucky with the bike or bike thieves who thought they'd have a few bits as a bonus.no bike paperwork stolen so I don't know what they will do with it.blackbird now in my dads garage in Kent,staying there till my garage alarm sorted and all locks replaced.
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

Broke into my house over Xmas and found keys,hence bike stolen from locked garage-knackered 500 quid of alarm system doing it! Also nicked tv's,ps3 etc,either burglars who got lucky with the bike or bike thieves who thought they'd have a few bits as a bonus.no bike paperwork stolen so I don't know what they will do with it.blackbird now in my dads garage in Kent,staying there till my garage alarm sorted and all locks replaced.
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

As a bonus they may be on cctv as my garage has a camera facing it.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Im going to say kids 16/22 year olds bike was a big bonus but cctv will not get them in court, but it  may mean you get to bump in to them one evening if thay will let you see it                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

good choice Sprint i like the Blackbird my self                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Most bikes are stolen to order, and shipped off a.s.a.p. or broken down and parts sold to waiting buyers; of which the crim's have a list.   Sadly it's big business.   Fingers crossed that the CCTV footage shows something that can be of use, Piers.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

The CCTV footage may or may not be a bonus Piers Ermm   But the fact that you still have the paperwork may prove helpful in the pursuance of an insurance claim Ermm   My insurers Carol Nash provided a "DNA"*  kit FOC to mark all major components Approve   It can sometimes help to trap unscrupulous breakers when they try to "part" bikes out Wink   I hope it all works out well for you Thumbs Up   At least you have the new Blackbird to console you Embarrassed    * formerly Alpha Dot                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

Triumph recovered by the police late last night,found in an underground car park in one of the rougher parts of Bradford.Appears undamaged except for a crack in the fairing near the indicator lamp,otherwise much as when it left my garage.As a fairing is £420 plus vat and Triumph have quoted me almost £700 to replace all the locks I'm hoping it stays written off......
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Well it's good to hear its been found Thumbs Up   I'll bet they weren't "actively" looking for it though Disapprove   At least the toerags who left it there haven't got it now Angry   Sounds like a "write-off" alright Ermm   Hope you get a good price for the "salvage" Approve   And a decent payout for the theft Ermm   Maybe "resurrect" it and sell it on at a bit of profit Wink   Good job you've got the Blackbird to use instead Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Nice one Piers Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 955 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption