Biker Match South of France run 2013

224 Posts | Latest reply on 31/07/2013 17:55:34 by AdsGS | Go to original / last post
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

toot toot

Ok can you be at one of these locations and ready to leave at these times.  Try and get there 30 mins at least prior to posted time please.

Edinburgh            8:00
Scotch Corner      11:00
Ferrybridge          12:30*
South Mimms       15:30
Dover                  17:30(ish)

*There will be a quick fuel stop for a top up and rest after Ferrybridge to split the 170 miles up before South Mimms.

Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Follow the pied piper everybody! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Will do :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
AdsGS's Profile
AdsGS

In: Surrey/Hampshire

MadScots ,

Sorted see ya all at South Mimms Thumbs Up

madscots's Profile
madscots

Everyone ok ? only a few days now then good to go.

I'm in London today then heading home tonight on bike Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Me ok  Thumbs Up

All packed and ready to get going  Party

See ye all Friday
x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Me ok :-)
Bike sorted needed a good clean after the farmyard & a couple of bits sorted.
Getting very excited now.
See you Friday 10-30 to 11 @ scotch corner and the rest on the way down ......                                                                                                                                                                             
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

Me ok, dont know bout the boss tho, sure she will be when she has had her meds LOL

New touring screen come for trumpet so off to fit & see what it looks like Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
AdsGS's Profile
AdsGS

In: Surrey/Hampshire

Big smileMe all good to go Thumbs Up Bike just needs a clean, cant wait to catch up with you guys Handshake

Chris BikerRest all paid up, see ya all at South Mimms, getting well excited now Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
KentishMan's Profile
KentishMan

In: West Kent
47% Karma47% Karma 47% Karma47% Karma

Have fun you guys.  Germany this year was great and I wish I'd been able to make this one too.  But I'm not jealous.  Nope.  No way.  Not at all. Course not.  Ermm   KentishMan                                                                                                                                                                               
madscots's Profile
madscots

Nah no Green glow fella lol                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

Last night so make sure of the following folks

Bike
You need all your docs (originals) on you at all time by law.Ins/breakdown to cover riding over there (i have mine through bike policy)

Riding over there
Maps or sat nav (in case you lose the group)I pay fuel through cards and keep euros as a just in casemake sure mobile works abroad, if unsure call your provider (a must)ride on right LOL
I carry air pump, tyre weld, puncture repair and a decent first aid kit that anyone can ask to use.

If you have a problem let me know, it's not a problem unless you tell me Thumbs Up

Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

OH FCensoredK.......My bike is RHD Confused LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Now someone is very excited :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

Let the fun begin Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

fun has all ready started repacked 4 times given up just chucked stuff in party time                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Safe journeys everyone                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

Some pics are up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

more photos added  Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

Didn't realise I had such a big bald spot Cry

Posted pic of a rather sick bike as either the drive shaft or an engine seal went on way down through France. A magic bodge job done on it by Ron/Ian to stop the oil spraying onto back wheel.  Bike is now in Yam dealer as managed to nurse bike home (earlier than planned though) as no way I could take it up Alpine passes in that state or run it back fully load.

When I dropped bike off the mechanic to one look at it and went Censored

Will be 2 weeks or so before it's sorted as there is a special tool (what a surprise) they need to unbolt part of the shaft.  Then complete stip down to find where it's coming from. 

Ron think you were right might be a seal in engine that is allowing oil to run down shaft and out so gonna be a full strip Unhappy

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9360 seconds. There are 790 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption