Events for 2013 - What would you like?

146 Posts | Latest reply on 07/01/2013 13:55:15 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Hiya folks

Were looking at what events we can put on next year, and are looking for some ideas from you guys for what kind of things you would like to do, see, visit whatever :)

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

I have noticed that alot of members work shifts and weekend rota's so thay need to be caterd for even if its just via threads with something like "Im free this monday tuesday who up for a ride".    Bad choice of wording but gets the post noticed lol .   How about night ride's or early starts for some starting a ride out at 11am is daft half of the day is gone in the summer. If you have a ride out to the coast starting after 9 is a pain you have lost most of the morning                                                                                                                                                                                          
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Perhaps a visit to Withernsea, East Yorkshire, in August?, date TBC.   The annual bike show takes place then alongside the Summertime Special, a live musical show aimed at all the family.   Both events are free. All the organising is done by someone else, we just get ourselves there and book our own accommodation, if needed.   If the bike show is on the 25th August that is a Bank holiday weekend so folk could stay overnite, to make the journey worth the travel?   There are caravan sites all over the place in that area, probably B & B and possibly a hotel (not sure if The Queen's is still open)    Just googled B & Bs couldn't find any but a few hotels/Inns (how could I forget them, I had one of my hen nites in them lol) The pubs are very close to the promenade, where the bike show is, and the beach, obviously.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Howsabout going 'en masse' to one of the smaller rallies? Would we qualify for the 'largest club turnout' award?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

like it XK Wink   how about picnic in teh park Big smile lol a ride out to some historical old buildings would be nice and chill out with picnic if grounds big enough or something Tongue   pmsl at JP "its monday and im free for a ride" PartyLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

if i was a bit closer i'd come and give you a ride Suzi Party                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lmao Bill - id be riding now bt i dont like doing it by myself....... not so much fun....Party pmsl   anyhow back to topic... LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

It has been suggested that we have a mass ride to (place to be decided) give blood at a mobile unit if we can arrange it, would you guys be up for that?

Takes approx 10 mins to do and 10 mins to recoup :)

Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

That is a brilliant suggestion Jackie but....................there's no way I could do it!  I'm such a wimp where needles are concerned but I'd be more than happy to go along to support the brave folk Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

Good Idea but maybe better local centers Blackberry you can make the tea and toast                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

If enough people say maybe then i will go speak with the NBS guys who's building is only 500 yards from were i work to get finer details :) such as how long before driving/riding etc :)                                                                                                                                                                              
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

In: Ashbourne

you have to be screened before you can give blood and Im not allowed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good idea about Withernsea Sandi, i've a couple of friends that live in the town, so i'll get some info.     Another idea for a future event and maybe worth a mention is water sports, i've heard that 'ringo' is quite a laugh x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hi Sherry, my ex hubby and his parents (both dead now) used to live in With' and I also have a friend who lives there. I wouldn't be surprised if your friends know my friend, and even know my ex, as With' is one of those towns where everyone knows everyone else, or they used to.                                                                                                                                                                                  
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

For me .more rideouts on the lines of the Pilly day ..... i cant really do rallies due to marriage LOL....but shift commitments, and family committments.  But deffo more Midland ridouts  or should i say rideouts from the midlands to somewhere.   But like JR says, i do ad-hoc rides in the week,  i'll stick those on too.   Generally  Bourton......Matlock.............east midlands..............always involves food with me Big smile                                                                                                                                                                                 
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

We could have a   TAKE SANDI SHOPPING   ridout too   LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

also some more pub nights..........reall enjoyed the one i went on anway.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Shopping? Confused Why's that then A J? (Have you been peeping in my cupboard and fridge?) Even the mice have moved out LOL                                                                                                                                                                                  
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Was one of your posts once    Big smile  Sure i saw it somewhere  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Not sure what post you mean A J, I used to go shopping with my bike, when I had it, but wouldn't go pillion. Thanks for thinking of me tho Wink LOL    I'm all for 'Pick up a Pilly' days, well I would be wouldnt I? lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 1033 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption