Winter clean and protect

42 Posts | Latest reply on 18/01/2013 00:44:53 by Intruder18 | Go to original / last post
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Dics all round will stop it but dont think it will go round corners as most quads dont have a diff so thay have a 1 wheel grip 1 wheel spin  but that much power I recon you will just rip the tyres off or twist the axle .
Hang on off road would be fun to say the least beach racing ?????                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle

the idea is to keep the motor bike and just replace the forks and front wheel with a modified quad type front end!!!!!!!! crazy i know                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

Still dont think it will go round a corner I recon it will just go though it and the hedge lol

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

as you say you might have to hang of a bit LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Did you get is sussed Bluey ? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Didn't get round to it in the end, haven't had chance to do anything the last few weeks.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I found this on ebay Big smile   I think its a bargain Thumbs Up   It might seem a little dear at first look Ermm   But the cheapest aerosol I've seen is £14.49 for 400 mls ? Disapprove   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160900512787?ssPageName=STRK:...1438.l2649   If two or more peeps clubbed together Approve   This would work out a bit cheaper Wink   Worth a thought, as we might have some bad weather to come yet Unhappy   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170926615061?ssPageName=STRK:...1438.l2649                                                                                                                                                                               
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

Its good stuff Emz i have some and it will go a very long way .. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Aye Malc Approve   That's why I thought I must post the link for the "bulk" pack Wink   An investment in my book Thumbs Up   It comes highly recommended by quite a few BM'ers Big smile   Including you now LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

Cool ... I will be doing mine again tomorrow .. More snow and ice on its way apparently :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wow that is good one EMz thanks for that - i love acf50 and its kept my bikes okies the last two winters riding...Thumbs Up   The only ohter thing i wasnt sure of is JP when you said you use hot water to get salt off Shocked - i heard this is a definate no no as hot water makes metal expand and absorb more of the salt?    I spray down with cold water to get rid of  all salt... then wash or know acf50 doin its job so wash bit later   Interesting says its lasts 24 months Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

heard this is a definate no no as hot water makes metal expand and absorb more of the salt?

yes I'd been told the same as it activates the chemicals in the 'salt'..
edit actually after a bit of googling the problem with hot water is it dissolves the salt and spreads it all over the bike and into its crevices, whereas cold water just washes it off..?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Used ACF50 for the last 3 winters and its amazing stuff.                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

i think ACF50 is brilliant stuff, i bought a can 3 years ago and i have't had any trouble with my bikes they still look spotless, and i haven't even used any of it yet, any one want to buy a 3 year old can unopened.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Pmsl Bill...... might ave somethin to do wi fact ya bikes hybernate during winter!!.... Did ya buy it just incase?? Party                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

I'll give ya half what yer paid for it back then Bill Wink   Well,  ..................... it is secondhand now LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

its ACF 25 now emz LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

your right Suzi mine does hibernate in winter

Emzed it's not second hand i'v never used it, but it might of gone off with age                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

Well give it him for nowt then Bill ........Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

So is anyone going to post "before" and "after" pics of this wonder product Ermm   Might be a nudge towards encouraging those who are unsure Approve   Just a thought, no pressure Suzi Wink   But I seem to remember you being a strong advocate Thumbs Up   Maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be Question   Photo's from a BM member would be hard to argue with though Big smile   Assuming it really is THAT good LOL                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.5469 seconds. There are 1706 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption