Whay are side stands always on the left?

62 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2012 16:15:38 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

just a figure of speech Sandie a throw away comment                                                                                                                                                                                   
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Where did you get that E from? The one on the end of my name lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

sorry                                                                                                                                                                              
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

On the subject of side stands i reckon your always better getting off the bike before you put it down. I still have fond memories from the late seventies of being out on a run, us all pulling into the side of the road and me hearing a scream and a crash from behind me. Looked round and there was the vice-prez of a still active back patch club and his pillion, still astride their bonnie, but all lying on their sides on the pavement. Turned out, he'd pulled over, gone to cooly flick down the side stand and start to get off the bike, not noticing the side stand pass neatly down between the bars of a drainage grid. Embarrassed
And yes, I dam near fell off my bike laughing! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

As a shortie, I find its way safer for me to put the stand down first before I get off the bike.   it makes the bike more stable and safe whilst I attempt to paracute off it.    Mind I do always check the stand is safe before I lean the bike over Smile          
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

PML @ Centurion's post. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

why? dunno......just is....Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Because most people find it easier to get on a horse or push bike from the left and this will have been carried over to motorbikes.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Steve - catch up!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

But I've been away... so yes I'll be miles behind Tongue                                                                                                                                                                              
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

In: benfleet essex

cuz when you  park  your  bike  next to  the  kerb , if it was on the  right   then you would have to  get of the  machine to  the  right , and run a high risk  of  getting hit  by  traffic .                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Buzz - catch up LOL Steve Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

sorry  . i started to  read  from page 1  but  got  bored   Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

same as me buzz LOL bt i agree with what you say spot on i think that is Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

cheers suzi  , also  to  add to  that  point ..  your motorcycle is  a road going vehicle with  road tax  . its not  permitted to  be  on the  path . so  if you  break  down  and need to  push  it  , it must be pushed on the  road . so  staying on the  left hand side of the  bike  is  important , and the  stand is conviently  placed  on the  left hand side  so  you dont have to  climb over the  bike to  put it  on its stand ..   well  thats  what  we teach   at  cpandrmotorcycletraining.co.uk  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cool even more sense buzz  Wink bt does that mean that all spanish bikes have sidestands on th right hand side....... or have we been through all this alreayd on previous pages hahahaha

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

unless your on a bike with the stand on the right                                                                                                                                                                             
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

well  when riding in europe, it could  cause a prob  for us , but  if  your  aware of the  potential  danger . you  can  hopefully dismount  in the  safest  way  !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In Spain I wouldn't recommend dismounting at all, have you seen how they drive over there? lol                                                                                                                                                                              
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley

well,duh...simple and real answer is so volvo owners know which side to aim for...........................xsimplesHug                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 646 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption