What Bike?

13 Posts | Latest reply on 13/08/2007 00:51:57 by shooter | Go to original / last post
fossil's Profile
fossil

In: wisbech
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Having checked out a lot of the threads throughout the forum and have laughed a great deal at some of your stories and jokes it would be great to hear from you guys and girls on the subject of what bike? So, what bikes do you ride and why did you pick that particular one. What probs if any etc etc As I'm without one at present this would be of great interest and knowledge to me and perhaps to others. Hopefully I'll be back in the saddle later this year. cheers                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I'm same as you fossil, bike off road at mo, but it's for sale anyway cos I'm looking for something a bit higher in the saddle. Mine's a Kwak Eliminator 250 (cruiser) (aint passed my test yet so can't ride it even if I wanted to) and I did have my eye on a Suzuki Intruder, cos it's almost same spec's as my last bike Honda CM (cruiser), til I sat on a DR (off/on road)and my little legs touched the ground woo ooo lol   So...now I'm torn as to which bike                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I have a blackbird.... fantastic all-round bike.  Confortable and powerful.   I just love it when some little scroat tries it on at the traffic lights, and you can leave him standing with an embarassed look in his face haha.                                                                                                                                                                             
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

In: Birkenhead

i ride a yamaha v star classic and shes just beautiful, comfortable and the power is there when you need it.. But my game is cruisin and the open road.  Never had a problem with her always been reliable, but she is looked after.  She is an american import so getting parts for her is tricky and on the expensive side.  Elbow grease is free but sometimes hard to find, theres a lot of bike to keep clean.
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Got myself a blue Triumph Sprint ST 955i (see where my profile name comes from??)  Love it to bits and it's got me all round Scotland and to Cornwall and back without any problems.  Easy to do a couple of hundred miles on it and still arrive as fresh as the proverbial daisy.
Daytona_man's Profile
Daytona_man

In: Bedford
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

The daily bike is a Triumph Daytona 955i SE, I bought it because it was black, cheap, fast enough and I'd never owned a British bike before.   My trackbike/commuter is a Suzuki SV650, I bought it because it was dirt cheap, handles really well, fast enough to have fun on and skinny enough to squeeze through gaps when commuting.   I also have a 26 yr old SR250 Yamaha thing, that was a cruiser but is now a sort of flat-tracker style. That's my winter bike.   Over the last 29 years I've owned all sorts, mostly good, some bad.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

The current bike is a BMW K100RS. Teutonic and top-heavy, but comfortable and well capable of keeping up with the supersports machinery in real road riding conditions. Besides, it's nice to go to the odd BMW club event and still be one of the youngsters! There's also a ratty 250 Superdream in the garage being slowly brought back to roadworthiness with a view to using it as a hack. I'd prefer it to be a 400 but I only paid buttons for it. If I had the money I'd like a new Triumph Bonnie or maybe a SV650 or the 650 V-strom as a knockabout bike, and maybe a new Enfield, and then a classic Brough Superior or a Vincent..dream on!                                                                                                                                                                               
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

In: Birkenhead

Blimee Wills yeah wouldnt we all maybe one day! And how cool would that be   Best feeling ive had is comming away from the nec bike show last year and being completely happy with the bike ive got.  Took me a while too get there dont get me wrong but wow what a lovely feeling.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Lucky you. I had the worst bout of flu for yonks that wiped me out for ten days last year and i never even got to the nec show, let alone came away from it!                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I've got the cb1300 becouse it was literally the only bike I liked.Heart I come from an ere of naked sports bikes and used to have a suzuki gs1000s. I idolised eddie Lawson and freddie spencer. Who remembers wayne gardner on his Moriwaki F1 machine. Its big and beatifull. and best of all, ya don't see that many around. No super sport plastic pocket rocket for me. Everyones got em and their ten a penny. Unlike their bikes and more like the riders mines all torque.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
fossil's Profile
fossil

In: wisbech

Great to hear what you pepes are riding. The last bike I rode was a KH250 triple with expansion pipes etc A lot of noise for something that maxed at about a ton but loved it anyway. Never took the full test with regret but that will be put right this year. But then what to buy? Showing my age a bit but I can remember seeing Barry Sheene and Kenny Roberts going head to head not sure if that was at Brands or silverstone though.                                                                                                                                                                                 
bbitch's Profile
bbitch

In: Ashby

Tongue Ha, passed me test at 44, 2nd attempt.  Rode Yamaha SR125, and when I passed me test I now have Florrie (ooops, I mean a Kwak ER5).  lololol   Didnt do direct access, and the bike isnt restricted.  Whoooopppeeee.   Mind you the liccle 125 taught me an awful lot - especially where I was doing most of my riding.   Lurve Florrie to bits - 6 year old bike and only done 4,000 miles.  In perfect nick!  And then thers Ermintrude - she be permanent pillion.  (hee hee, can ya not tell im a Magic Roundabout fan! lolol)   Mind you, havent done much riding this year - for one reason and another but have every intention to get that sorted.    Only draw back for me, being vertically challenged and slight of frame is that she is a tad heavy.  But hey, do I care!  Nope.   lol                                                                                                                                                                                                       
shooter's Profile
shooter

In: Bracknell

I currently have 4 Yamaha's.  I used to have a Honda or two and then got switched on to the custom cruiser style bikes and just prefer the Yamaha's.   The reason for 4 is the miles I do.  My 2000 Royal Star Venture is on 82,000, my 2003 Royal Star Venture is getting very close to 90,000.  The V4 engines though seem pretty bullet proof.  Only real issue I've had is fitting new clutches to both and faulty ignition switches changed under warranty.   My other 2 are both V-Star Classics, one pretty standard but with custom yellow paint and beach bars plus a big air kit and lowered and the other one is a chop based on the V-Star with big ape's, air suspension and lots of black & red powder coating.   The yellow on is still in the US and is being sold to a guy in Germany so I will be going out there for one last ride on it before delivering it to his friends in Texas.  The black one left the US a couple of weeks ago and should get here in 2-3 weeks.   I have a picture of each in my profile.   On the whole, they have all been pretty reliable so far.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 610 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption