Do you trust your first instincts?

51 Posts | Latest reply on 25/10/2012 21:50:36 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

first instinct/gut feeling.....always listen to it these days having not always taken heed in the past, but will always give someone/something a chance to prove it wrong/right before acting on it.                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hmmmm instinct says XK is a right tw*t....... of course reality proves his just a bit of a twit! Wink if not a very cheeky and often inappropriate twit! Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Oh, FFS. Always someone ready to push down and ridicule " troo lurve" which is a shame! It happens, you fell out of it, get over it.  Don't take it out on the rest, or you'll be permanently miserable!

As for instinct, I would like to say go with the first gut feeling but I have been proven wrong. I think Minnie summarises all that is right about instinct for me Smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Gut instincts upto now have worked for me Lisa love...Hope all is well with your lad ...Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

i think our opinions on "trooo lurve" are mainly tainted by experience. Maybe im wrong but if youre the wrong side of ...well lets say 30...and on here... then u invariably have "baggage"...wot you do with said baggage is mainly about how you deal with life and of course how miserable/happy you are...i think its maybe a bit unfair to those who dont/cant deal with things to dismiss their self preservation instinct...ie the one that says beware til proven wrong.... as opposed to the optimistic lets go in with both feet til some bastard chops em off instinct.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I would agree with that and so I get your perspective and I'm sorry if my comments trod on the toes of anyone. It's not just bikers/rockers that get their hearts stomped on though - that happens in all walks of life and should be taken into consideration, IMO. I think that bikers do tend to be more introspective though & wear their hearts on their sleeves at an early stage, and I think this is what gets us into trouble.

BUT! I think that experience should caution, not ask you to take revenge on the next. I agree that most people over the age of 35 certainly have baggage - it's whether you choose to put it in the overhead locker or cart it around with you plus the extra you gather for the rest of your life - This doesn't include kids, obviously.

It is too easy to go in with a feeling of apprehension. I feel that to go in open, keep an observational eye out for your comfortable timeframe and to observe through action tells you all you need to know...I hope!Smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I dumped my baggage in the river with some stones.  And provided nobody finds her I can move on with my life.

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

lol @ SS - ur a bad man! LOL

markiexs's Profile
markiexs

In: Aldershot

yer, put your kawasaki in the river tooo.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Question Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
VFRSue's Profile
VFRSue

In: West Sussex

Hmmmm....my gut instincts have never been wrong, I've just never taken much notice when it suits me not to LOL I just kick myself later when I hear"told you so" from the depths of my psyche Cool

They are there for a reason.....Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol VFR Sue i know that one!!! we have a handy knack of ignoring ourselves dont we... pmsl Tongue Geek.... wonder if life would be too boring if we listened to our own good advice LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

If our instincts were any good , wouldn't we all have perfect partners . Wouldn' we all have avoided the bad ones.
In other words , young or old , experienced or naive .
DO NOT TRUST YOUR FIRST INSTINCTS .
People are too complicated to be judged in an instant.
Dusty x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wholeheartedly agree with you there Dusty...well said Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
VFRSue's Profile
VFRSue

In: West Sussex

@ Dustin.....I could have avoided the bad ones if I'd listened to my sensible side LOL

Suzi - if I listened to my gut instinct I wouldn't have had half the fun in my life or have half the stories to tell Wink LOL

bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

Matt, wheres the like button? KG \m/><\m/                                                                                                                                                                              
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

Matt, wheres the like button? KG \m/><\m/                                                                                                                                                                              
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

BTW not everyone over 35 has baggage. Skeletons yes                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

I think people are complex, [one man's nightmare is another man's dreamgirl]. A relationship is the mixing together of two people, two personalities. [One woman's nightmare , is another woman's dreamboat]   The result is a new 'entity'   Two pieces of the 'troo lurve' jigsaw. Do they fit? Are they a misfit?   There really is only one way to find out.   Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

I think people are complex, [one man's nightmare is another man's dreamgirl]. A relationship is the mixing together of two people, two personalities. [One woman's nightmare , is another woman's dreamboat]   The result is a new 'entity'   Two pieces of the 'troo lurve' jigsaw. Do they fit? Are they a misfit?   There really is only one way to find out.   Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 1516 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption