Bennets Insurance Warning !!

33 Posts | Latest reply on 21/01/2013 20:26:35 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

This a Warning to All!   About a month ago I contacted Bennetts Insurance and asked to remove my X11 ( Naked Blackbird )off my policy and leave my Street Triple on  Thus reducing the Risk to Bennetts. The Lady at the other end of the phone said i would have to pay a £25 pound admin charge, I said you are joking i have just reduced the risk to your company and you want to charge me? Right i said leave it as it is do not change anything. No she said you have told me now so you will have to pay admin charge.&^%~~## At this point the phone call ended, a week later i recieved an Invoice for £25 pounds.  This week I recieved a letter from CRS a debt collecting agency acting for Bennetts.  THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS BENNETTS ARE W#####s Also they cancelled my Policy with my Street Triple and asked for £50 more to Renew approx £190 I Have Gone To Asda and Have Quote For £105. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ooops have just insured my bike through Bennets.......

PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

Hi D.O.A

I had a run in with Bennetts few years ago and got charge the same plus told if i did not pay then debt collecting agency would be calling on me.

I paid the charge, but told them to remove all my details from there data base. As i will be voting with my pocket and not have any dealings with Bennetts again.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yup Bennets have a bad reputation customer services are a joke and usually hike the premium on auto renewal unless you threaten to walk with my feet.......

I will usually do an online quote with a different name or a slightly different house number just to check the quote first then phone em up and argue why my quote is cheaper than my renewal notice.....you nearly always get it for the online quote price..... But yes vote with your wallet is the best policy if they piss you off and make sure you send them feed back to why you are going elsewhere or half the gesture is wasted...
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

I've heard the same stories about Bennett myself, yet I switched to them at the start if this year because they were quoting HALF the figure from eBike. The policy is due for renewal in Jan - let's see what happens.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

I think £25 may be the standard admin fee that all insurance companies charge.   When I had my very first insurance policy I opted to pay in instalments and was told there'd be an admin charge of £25, just to have my payments  transferred from my bank account to theirs, so I said no way, I'll pay in one lump.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

I always found Carole Nash to be good though that seemed to drop when they got bought out.I'm with Footman James and find them very reasonable,I do run a classic bike policy though,£140 a year agreed value,unlimited mileage,free green card,european recovery etc,cheap for a central Leeds postcode,my £850 car costs £1500 to insure with full no claims!
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

I used asda this year, best quote by far. Left bennetts years ago for hiking my premium. I have found it better to change insurer every year and not go with auto renew.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Bennetts have just sent me a letter which says that after 8 years of renewing my insurance with them they can't get me a quote. 30 years of biking 53 year old and a bog standard fjr1300. looks like i'm gonna spend all my holibobs next week looking for insurance or move to another area. wots it come to. Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Its just get worse every year. My Harley Ins covers me for up to 4 bikes at no extra cost thats good so I can put fireblade r1 gixer zx10r anything like that but can I put my Honda XR400R on it NO ? its a high risk ? can you imagine me on a sports bike now that would be a high risk to everyone lol
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

I use ebike insurance they do a mutli bike policy for up to 4 bikes                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As Thick as thieves the lot of em                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

In my opinion the reason for the big price rises in the last year or so is so that more people can't afford a one off payment for their policies. meaning they have to pay for it on the knock. getting back handers from credit companies.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As well as car hire firms , windscreen companies , alarm manufactures..............                                                                                                                                                                             
forever red's Profile
forever red

In: Walsall

JP + sportsbike????

You fall off at 3 mph.......nuf said LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL @ Red   I agree with F T re: 'thick as thieves'                                                                                                                                                                              
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

LoL @ JP .......... Sportsbike? TongueLOLTongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

are thieves thick as in stupid then? or thick as in lots of em all together so thick that way like thick gravy thick?? GeekWackoParty                                                                                                                                                                             
forever red's Profile
forever red

In: Walsall

Nice one Suzi........someone else who makes gravy just like mine Handshake

Don't know where the lumps would figure in there though!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Don't know where the lumps would figure in there though!!!   Zits, if they're young uns?    LOL   Suzi, I think it means thick as in many of them, tho the other may be true also.   I make gravy thick too Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 457 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption