nodding

42 Posts | Latest reply on 28/10/2012 08:09:04 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
jayronivy2's Profile
jayronivy2

In: stalybridge
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

what dose it mean when someone has nodded you? and what do you do in response. sounds silly but i just don't know                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Nod back. It's an acknowledgement of being a fellow motorcyclist/biker.  we're not like confirmed car drivers, if you break down, just pretend we havent seen you etc.    Obviously only nod/ acknowledge with your hand/ flash your light but only if it's safe to do so. Dont try it banked over in a bend etc.    Or if on this site, go into profile of who nodded you and press 'NOD'    same effect.  Big smile   Does that help ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Indeed, it's similar to the real life nod.  A sign of respect, a welcome message, etc.  Could also indicate that someone has an interest in you  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Purely respect and welcome from my point of view  WinkLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

Shows respect to fellow riders, nothing more, nothing less.                                                                                                                                                                             
cnc6000's Profile
cnc6000

In: Peterborough

I agree......just a sign of respect....like when your on your motorbike.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Yup a nod begets a nod or a wave.......just be aware that some riders from main land Europe use a foot extended to the side instead of a nod.......doesn't mean they mean to kick you lol......                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

@ Johnny . Thanks for the 'leg nod' info . I always thought they were releasing a fart from tight leathers lol . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
jayronivy2's Profile
jayronivy2

In: stalybridge

Thanks very much guys, sorry it's a bit late.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lol @ dusty                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hmmmm just to put the cat amongst the pigeons then so to speak Wink... if its just like a nod when out on bike.... do those of you that say that nod every profile you look at? as i would guess you do if its just like when you are out on a bike?.......   just a thought like Party                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

I tend to get nods from folk when they chat to me about tours n stuff, had as many from blokes as woman............ so hope it's friendly LOL

rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

That's when I nod... When I've chatted with someone in the Forums.. or someone has said something outstandingly lush and it's touched a nerve.. or they've just been out and out supportive/fantastic/loving/giving/caring/whatever about someone else... 

Mark of Respect.. 

If I used the Nod because I "fancied" someone.. I wouldn't nod.. because I'm desperately shy at telling a bloke how I feel about him.. and the thought of nodding at someone because I thought they were hot and then anxiously waiting to see if I ever got anything back.. Eughw the thought brings me out in a cold sweat... 

Thankfully.. not an issue at the moment... hopefully the moment will continue.. cos eughw.. now read above again...                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchickeelicious

That's when I nod... When I've chatted with someone in the Forums.. or someone has said something outstandingly lush and it's touched a nerve.. or they've just been out and out supportive/fantastic/loving/giving/caring/whatever about someone else... 

Mark of Respect.. 

If I used the Nod because I "fancied" someone.. I wouldn't nod.. because I'm desperately shy at telling a bloke how I feel about him.. and the thought of nodding at someone because I thought they were hot and then anxiously waiting to see if I ever got anything back.. Eughw the thought brings me out in a cold sweat... 

Thankfully.. not an issue at the moment... hopefully the moment will continue.. cos eughw.. now read above again...                                                                                                                                                                              
rockchickeelicious

And 

NO if you have not had a nod  off me it is NOT because I think you are ugly or boring!!                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

its nice to get a nod back when u send one Wink

rockchickeelicious

tis indeed Kaycat... 

Can't say that I get that many.. think they view then go "oh crap she's a lunatic" and head off in search of something else... Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yep I don't bother nodding (on here) unless they nod first, especially if its a guy they usually think it means you fancy them so its easier just not to do it! But on the road its a diff story I always nod to other bikers and if they don't nod back I don't lose any sleep over it LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
petewick's Profile
petewick

In: Haworth
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

There you go. you've all got a nod now. you may read into it what you will. ha ha                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Haha cheers Pete, back atcha! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 435 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption