Tiger 885, 96model), tank leaking.

7 Posts | Latest reply on 03/10/2012 20:20:21 by JimmyJ | Go to original / last post
JimmyJ's Profile
JimmyJ

In: Chester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Arite ppl. I need yer help here, my tumphy has sprouted a leak. Tiger 96 model 885 carb. Garage was honking and fumes all the way up to me flat 3 storeys up, oooops! Neighbours are very tollerable but understandably i little "freaked out".    Anyone know where i can either purchase one second hand or repair this one. Looks like it's coming from behind one of the faring fasteners on left side.   Was this a problem in the past with this model?   Otherwise she a little stonker, and i love er to me bits   Any help appreciated, much thanks. Jim                                                                                                                                                                                 
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I would get tank off first before thinking about replacing it. chances are its a pipe thats leaking. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
JimmyJ's Profile
JimmyJ

have taken off left panel attached and have what must be a hairline crack around fixing, allan bolt wet with juice, second fixing down on front of tank. Whoever had the bike before, on of two, must have tried to wrench tank off without taking out top two fixings either side, how could they miss that?   So tank has been repaired before and not to the best of standards, by looking, not leaking from their repair but jeez, a lot of "stuff" covering them two holes. and now this one below has developed a ever so slight crack, a leak no less. Any help appreciated. Thanks                                                                                                                                                                               
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

You could try Cheshire Motorcycle Salvage
Unit 2  Pool Street, Macclesfield SK11 7NX
01625 502 372

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

they are lovely bikes, enjoyed both of mine..

normal cause of leaks in the places you described is someone overtightening the allen screws.. normally the captive nuts become uncaptive and spin or in extream cases chew up the tank...  probably can be repaired using JB Weld or similar... panels for these are getting a bit thin on the ground now...

worth havign a look on the Tiger forum..

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index

hope that link works.. have a look in the 'steamer' section.. its mainly an american site but lots of good info and helpful people...

JimmyJ's Profile
JimmyJ

thanks guys much appreciated, will go check em out.                                                                                                                                                                              
JimmyJ's Profile
JimmyJ

great help guys, thank you again. Tiger forum Handshake                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 722 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption