What do you remember about the 80's

72 Posts | Latest reply on 03/12/2012 14:34:45 by Nowgotabike | Go to original / last post
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

OMG!!!!

American Tan Tights!!!!

Dying here.. please please please not 20 denier ones?!!!!!  The really really crepy granny skin kinda ones... omg.. it hurts to laugh so much!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Shell suits  ops   Winkle pickers lol   white sports socks all the rage ewww   oooo and a superb Pager  that clips on your belt Wink                                                                                                                                                                                 
big zed's Profile
big zed

In: lincoln

The smell of castrol R :) oh yes !!!!                                                                                                                                                                               
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

My oh so cool box jacet   Matching tie and scarf   Pod shoes   and to top it all my mullet with a body perm to give big hair,, blonde streaks at the front.   Thinking I was the dogs doo daas looking oh so cool with my gold ID bracelet.   looked back at a picture and thought oh my god did I really go out like that   Good thread                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I was already a wife and mother by the mid 70s (stupid bugger)   bet my poodle perm was bigger than yours sweeny Big smile   highlight of my 80s was getting into university with 3 pathetic O-levels, no A-levels and becoming a student age 30...there started the best 3 years of my life.....and a i got a full grant & no fees. Bloody brilliant   ooooh and my red Fiesta XR2                                                                                                                                                                              
forever red's Profile
forever red

In: Walsall

Getting drunk on pernod n black way too many times........still can't go near the stuff!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

I would imagine your perm was bigger than mine, I never braved the curly perm,, mine just gave hair more volume all very Spandau ballet.
One occasion it was over processed as went to back of salon for a coffee and a ciggie or 2 went a bit frizzy..                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

Great music and great bikes. Started my love of Kawasakis. Z650B, GPZ750 (air cooled), GPZ900R and GPX750.                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

Elvis dyeing
and all of the above

Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Passing my car test & my first wheels - Hillman Hunter GLS with a Holbey engine and twin, twin choke webber carbs....roar, what a great big wolf in sheeps clothing...I needed a cushion to see over the steering wheel. Triumph GT6....burble, burble, burble, 2 litre Ford capri (co-ordinated very nicely with the poodle perm).
No speed cameras on the M6, no traffic on the M6....ooh the fun I had Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The Eighties?? Mmmmm that's marriage,kids,mortgage,long hours,running the 350b nearly into the ground cos it was cheap n' cheerful to run but still went like s*** off a stick! Still had loads o'fun and perverted the next generation onto "horrible smelly,noisy,dirty motorbikes!!"
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

A serious drinking problem                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

Kaycat......Elvis died in 1977!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

1982 got wed 1985 gave birth 1988 moved to Gibraltar for 2 and a half years                                                                                                                                                                               
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Starting to visit night clubs Starting to drink White Stilettos (still in the loft) Being a size 8 Billy Ocean Men wearing blazers with the sleeves rolled up and trying to look like Crocket and Tubbs from Miami Vice Really really really bad fake tan Men wearing as much gold as possible so they looked like BA off the ATeam Women trying to look like Dallas and Dynasty wannabees                                                                                                                                                                                   
markiexs's Profile
markiexs

In: Aldershot

Money for nothing, beer being cheap, Large crowds at the TT, shit summers because of St Helens blowing (volcano that is, not the town) how did we miss the argies sailing up past Ireland to invade thoose islands!!!!! Falklands and where abouts they were on the map! and working to hard to remember                                                                                                                                                                             
Nowgotabike's Profile
Nowgotabike

In: Crick

Leaving school, getting my first job and attending college.Losing something I could never get back  Wink.
Passing my driving test having kangaroo-jumped down the road.
Getting married (really young ok!)
Salt and peppered hair.
Being embarrassed that my neighbour was Bobby G from Bucks Fizz Embarrassed
Watching Black Sabbath rehearse
Going abroad for the first time
Thinking Suggs was gorgeous (I'd just moved on from Adam Ant so this WAS an improvement ok!).
Buying my first AC/DC album.                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

well sported kwak .............. u read the thread not just post xx                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Acid parties . Magic mushroom parties , speed parties. Racing to catch the ferry to France , stoned off my cross , 60mph feeling like 60 thousand mph.
Pretty much the same as the 70's but a different wife on the back.
The 90's was like that too, different wife again.

By the nought's I'd realised that I couldn't keep getting married and divorced every decade.

I thought about my past , looking for a clue as to what I could have done differently to save all the heartache.
Like a ''bolt from the blue'' I had an epiphany, It was so obvious , so simple.
"you can't get divorced if you don't get married''
BRILLIANT
Party on dude
Dusty x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Britain being a much more free place.
Coppers with a sense of proportion.
No speed cameras.
LSD / grass / booze .
GnR first materializing.
My first big bike - KZ1000H.
Female foreign exchange students staying in our home (cheers mum).
Being dragged to bed by an Italian girl (see above) and repeat with girls from all over Europe.
Not having any worries or responsibilities.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8906 seconds. There are 731 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption