Lowering an ER5

15 Posts | Latest reply on 21/09/2012 06:05:40 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Does anyone have experience of lowering a Kawasaki ER5?   Looking for my first post-test bike and sat on my mate's lowered ER5 a couple of days ago and was surprised how nice it felt. I didn't feel like I was leaning really forward, as I expected and I could reach over the tank ok   It was still an inch or two too high for me but started me thinking maybe it is possible.   What's involved?   Will it cost me a shed load of money?   And is it possible bearing in mind I'm really short at 5'                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Dont cost that much you just get a lowering kit for the back but what you lower at the back you can do the same at the front. If you look on E-Bay thay are listed on there so its just getting it fitted there are loads on here that can do it for you probley take a couple of hours just long enough for you to cook there dinner.  You can just get the seat sculpted where thay make the seat narrower that allows you to have a longer reach down to the floor but that can hurt the resale value. Or you could just get a pit bike lol                                                                                                                                                                               
Minnie the Minx

Just been into my bike shop (he's not a rip off). The list price of a lowering kit is £369!! Showed me on the screen. eeks! Shocked   He was surprised too   hmmm, oh well back to the drawing board ...was just an idea   Going to have to be a monkey bike I guessSmile                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Loads of bikes to look at in that size range so you will find the right bike for you                                                                                                                                                                              
christof's Profile
christof

In: south glos
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

all you need is a shorter spring fitted to the rear unit then drop the fork legs in the yokes 10mm spring is about £80                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hagon do shocks with shorter springs which sre a straight bolt on
or just the springs which is slightly longer job . then drop forkd to match. and chop the seat... they're a popular bike for the vertically challrnged so u may well pick up one alresdy modded
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

Or keep a watch for one that is already lowered.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Try A honda cb500 quite low and cheap as chips Ginger x                                                                                                                                                                                 
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

lowering kits ( linkages only ) for about 40 notes firm barnsly area (on ebay) but forgat theire name at the mo but rember lowering the bike will make it stand up more upright with standerd side stand and you will have further to lift/move the bike to put it on center stand might have to shorten side stand and centre stand                                                                                                                                                                               
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

carnt spell either                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx

Thanks for reminder about shortening the stands havfun.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

Hi,, The school I help out have a Suzuki GS 500 that the suspention has been lowered and the seat has been re sculptured, works well with the not so tall trainees, these bikes run well on 33bhp restriction and are cheap to buy and insure.   I rode one and hardly any difference in the power as they only about 50 to start with.   Can get lots of extras for them to change it around and make it your own, also not expensive.   Anyway hope you are ok                                                                                                                                                                                
Minnie the Minx

Cheers for that Rich   I'm ok ta, still a bit miffed about the mod 1 canellation but i'm carrying on what i've been doing, you know, pootling about, the odd lesson, and conducting research Big smile....so your heads up on the suzuki GS500 is really useful Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

New dog bone linkages for the rear end are available for about forty quid. Easy to fit, i did two bikes for a friend. They drop the seat about two inches.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Isnt er5 twin shock ?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0938 seconds. There are 1761 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption