Blue ZX12R stolen this evening. :(

12 Posts | Latest reply on 09/09/2012 12:10:18 by SPG | Go to original / last post
SPG's Profile
SPG

In: Darlington
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Can anybody tell me where I post details of my stolen bike please? Is there a thread or anything? Nicked off the drive at a mates house about 4 hours ago   The bike was an electric blue ZX12R. Reg K12 GBR and was nicked from Darlington this evening. Had loads of power commander bits on it, full akro system with hex titanium silencer. If you are offered any bits, or see anything on fleabay or MCN drop me a msg please. Thieving bastards.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

This seems like the most appropriate forum for your thread, SPG, BM doesn't have a 'Stolen bikes' forum.    I hope you get your bike back and in one piece with no damage.                                                                                                                                                                             
SPG's Profile
SPG

I trawled round the streets of Darlington until 2:00am this morning blipping the alarm fob in front of all the dodgy lockups... but no joy.   Was up at 6:00am and went back into town and asked all the "dog walkers" if they had seem/heard anything. There had been a group of lads seen hanging about on peddly bikes in the vicinity, but no proof it was them.   Went into work and 9:30 police phoned, found it just half a mile away!! Was it a burned out wreck? Was it stripped?, was it damaged..  well all I can say is, it is light superficial scratches, not even the ignition barrel is damaged! Although the cable is cut. Damned lucky. They have witnesses who saw them pushing it away.   Lesson learned... thankfully not the hard way..   LOCK IT OR LOSE IT!!   Thanks to Durham Constabulary for a) taking me home last night and b) for tracking it down. :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

SPG - am so very glad you've got your bike back - I know what it's like to have one nicked!!!

Give it a hugHug

SPG's Profile
SPG

Thanks :)   Yes, I will once I get it back off forensics!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Glad your bike was found. Forensics ? I bet its in a yard that you have to pay to get your bike back its the biggest con going.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Brilliant news SPG....Thumbs Up....                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

It sure is JP Disapprove   But in the light of what SPG has posted Ermm   If I were him, I'd cough up on this occasion Wink   An "unprotected" bike wouldn't be covered on the insurance Unhappy   There'll be a "clause" (which you've agreed to) to stop you claiming Angry   Because they can say, you "failed" to take "reasonable precautions" by not locking it Embarrassed   Glad you've got it back relatively unscathed SPG Thumbs Up   Take this as a very "lucky" break and a valuable lesson Approve   NEVER EVER leave the bike "unlocked" if "unattended" Cool                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You have been so lucky this time!! It's good to hear the good news about your bike Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Oh wow hunny!! 

So close to home too!!!

I am so pleased you got it back relatively unscathed.. had the shoe been on my foot I'd have been beyond devastated!

Will be taking my wheel locks in the panniers now though.. I don't do "walking" anymore.. 

I bet your smile will be huge when you get her home again.. fees or not... Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Got to admit, I never leave my bike without the disc lock on and it is an alarmed one....usually put cover on it too......new bike is alarmed and Data tagged, lazer etched and transponders.....most new bikes come like this now as standard....pity you didn't catch em red handed mate...

Glad you got it back...more or less unscathed....must be devastating!
SPG's Profile
SPG

No, I won't be leaving the huge chain behind next time, despite tyhe insurance co not reducing my premium, and disc lock, etc...   So the officer at the recovery said it was minimal damage and I insisted he watch the recovery crew didn't damage my pride and joy any more. He (allegedly) rode bikes and said you could hardly tell there was damage stood 10 feet away, other than a cracked tailpiece and scratched mirror and one casing. I went to see it at the compound expecting to see the "light damage". Well I couldn't believe it, it had been dropped on both sides, every bit of plastic either cracked or scratched, casings both sides, exhaust, mirrors, levers, bars potentially, totally wrecked.... I was absolutly gutted.... :(  So much for light scratches..   So... anyone had experience of claiming for theft where the vehicle has been recovered?? Can you claim? there is no "third party" to claim from essentially? Look at that weather, lovely and I'm knackered. :(                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 632 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption